DC Studios

ATT needs to cut DC loose and let it become an independent movies studio…just as Marvel Studios became (until Disney swallowed them up)

Comic book people need to be making the decisions…not movie producers who do not understand comic books. Until that happens all the meddling will continue .

Yawn

5 Likes

They probably need their capital to compete with Disney

1 Like

You know it’s not that simple, right? I mean, I wouldn’t know, but I assume that their relationship is bonded with a whole buttload of legal documents and such. Even then, I’m not sure if it would be a good move. I’m not really buying into the whole corporate conspiracies that people are spreading around here. People make everything sound so cut and dry (eg ‘ATT or WB or Disney, etc. are EVIL corporations that don’t care about anything except absurd amounts of money’) when in reality corporations are made up of a collection of human beings who all have their own concerns and priorities to deal with—making situations like this all the more complicated. I suppose what I’m trying to say is try and take a moment to appreciate the complexity of situations before labeling people or companies as ‘evil’

5 Likes

Marvel Studios started out under a partnership with Paramount Pictures. They didn’t have significant resources of their own for a while, and had to build up to what they are.

I’m all for the idea of a branch of Warner Brothers Pictures focusing 100% on DC related movies. Rather surprised they haven’t done so already.

4 Likes

Marvel Studios didn’t become what they are now until Disney bought Marvel.

4 Likes

I’m sure AT&T will easily let go of one of their most valuable properties

3 Likes

I’m surprised seeing people disagree with you. Wow!

One of the first things Disney did when they acquired Marvel was move Feige and Marvel Studios out from under control of the comics people who were reportedly notorious for interfering. You need DC films run by film makers who care for and understand DC comics, not comic people who don’t know filmmaking. Also, why change now? After BvS, there was a course correction that has given us successful Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam movies. With a future slate this is looking pretty good right now. They tried to correct JL midstream, which was a mistake. They should have let Snyder finish his version, or delayed and let someone try. Either way. But trying what the did costs too much and resulted in a entertaining (to me) but underwhelming picture.

3 Likes