DC Spotlight: Aquaman

I just finished watching the new DC Spotlight documentary about Aquaman. Bravo!! Really solid 43 minute documentary about the history and background of the character from the comics to the TV shows to the movies. DC Universe needs to produce more documentaries like this. I’m sure you guys will do one for Shazam in the Spring, but I’d like to see you do more for other properties like Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed it, but I’d rather see it for characters other than the Trinity. Maybe at most space them out between other characters. What I’d like to see is Shazam/Captain Marvel for that movie, Barry Allen Flash, Green Arrow, and Kara Zor-El Supergirl for their shows, then do Dinah Laurel Lance, Helena Bertinelli, and Harley Quinn for the Birds of Prey movie.

1 Like

Loved the DC Spotlight: Aquaman Doc!! Not too short or too long, left me wanting more and brought to light so much I didn’t know about the character’s history. I have much to explore now with Aquaman and this spotlight let’s me know where I need to begin. It was nice to see and hear all the personal thoughts from those who wrote and brought the character to life from all aspects of media. And how can you not love Ramona Fradon, so awesome!

1 Like

Really great Documentary. Hope to see more of these really soon. One for Shazam is a must.

3 Likes

It was fan-Fugu-tastic! Hope more episodes of DC Spotlight are in the hopper.

4 Likes

I never knew his original origin, his Dad created him to have all these abilities. I do prefer the Atlantean origin. I’d love to own that comic.

I also didn’t know he had another son. I need to check those out. I do hope with the success & popularity of Aquaman, Peter David gets more fans for his run.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it. I hope we get to see one for Wonder Woman.

4 Likes

I’d like one for Jim Lee, the 80’s relaunch of Superman, the 90’s and how transformed many characters became, Geoff Johns, The New 52, Rebirth. The list can literally go on and on.

4 Likes

Pretty interesting documentary. I like the fact that John’s said the movie drew elements for 7 kingdoms from his never published miniseries