DC Showcase's Batman: Death in the Family Interactive Movie

I’m Sold!

3 Likes

So like -

1. Robin cheats death - Hush ending?
  2. Robin dies - Red Hood ending?
  3. Batman saves Robin - Red Robin ending?
8 Likes

Certainly different but in a good way! I wonder how this one is gonna work digitally as opposed to a physical disc? Either way I’m excited for this.

2 Likes

That is my guess as well!

4 Likes

I’m excited… I’ve always loved choose your own adventure stories… especially ever since I used to read CYOA books when I was way younger…

3 Likes

When the Red Red Robin comes bob-bob-bobbing along…

1 Like

Have they said at all when we can expect this to release? Hope it wasn’t delayed because of the pandemic.

2 Likes

I read on IGN that it was going to be releasing this Fall. I don’t believe an exact date was given yet, though. I would probably expect it to come out in September or October since Superman: Man of Tomorrow had already been slated as the next DC Animated release and isn’t coming out until August 23rd.

4 Likes

As I recall, there’s usually around 3 months between each animated release, so October seems most likely, maybe even November.

2 Likes

Seems interesting enough worth a looksy!

2 Likes

This looks awesome. I’ll definitely be watching all the endings, but an interactive movie sounds interesting.

3 Likes

Watched the trailer last night with my brother and we’re excited. I love the opportunity to change up the story and see the consequences of the choices made. I’m used to interactive stories in books and games but haven’t really messed with the movies. I know Netflix did one but I really wasn’t too fond of watching it.

3 Likes

Yeah, since it is a prequel movie to Under the Red Hood, I hope whatever happens doesn’t contradict some lines in Under the Red Hood. I would also, like you said, hope the ‘choose your own adventure’ thing doesn’t keep going and no matter what it’ll fits right into the Under the Red Hood storyline. I’m excited for it, I just hope it doesn’t go wrong in that sense.

1 Like

Judging from the scenes we’ve gotten from the trailer it looks like it will mostly be certain specific events from the UTRH movie with a twist. Which will change the story somewhat depending on what you choose Jason fate to be. But it also looks like there will be some big unique scenes based specifically on the path you’ve chosen. Like Two-Face in the Red Robin route, Cheetah in the Hush one, and it looks like there’s a new one with Joker in the Red Hood route but it was only shown for about half a second.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened with the original story back in the 80’s if he wasn’t killed off. I think just the idea of even getting a chance to see a “what if” scenario play out is neat. I know a lot of Red Hood fans like it when Jason is Red Hood, but I think it’s nice to get a moment to see his character as his own character, like in Titans and in Red Hood and the Outlaws. Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

2 Likes

I agree. This sounds really cool. I’m looking forward to what else they have planned for this format. And brining back the film shorts is great too!

2 Likes

Ackles was perfect. If he was in a live action version, I would probably lose it. I was bummed as well but understand why they didn’t bring him back. Hope the new voice actor does an amazing job as well.

3 Likes

I’m curious to hear your reasoning for this, because I really can’t wrap my head around why. I haven’t been able to think of a reason that makes sense and nobody has explained why he wasn’t brought back. It’d be nice if either Ackles or somebody involved w/ the movie explains why, but until then I feel like I’m just gonna be left wondering

3 Likes

My question is how long it’s going to take for DC to put Death in the Family on this app.
My other question is where are the other animated movies that came out this year. UPDATE THIS APP ALREADY DAM.

They’ve already added Superman: Red Son, which came out this year. Apocalypse War comes to the app next month. According to IGN, this movie is coming out in October, so it’ll likely come to the app in January.

Also I’m SO excited for this. UTRH is my favorite animated film, so I’m completely floored that it’s getting a sequel/spinoff.

Kinda glad that the DCU moved on from the 52 Universe so we can get cool stuff like this =)

1 Like