DC Showcase Watch-along — January 15 @ 5PM PST/8PM EST

I’m keeping the typo. It’s a nice Rock of Eternity reference.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I was surprised to see they went with Lust for the name of one of the sins instead of Prostitution or Fornication. It would have given the movie a nice moment of exposition for the kids in the theater LOL

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

If only there was someone around who could change the course of mighty rivers.

1 Like

Black Adam hits Billy, looks over and in the crowd he sees …

1 Like

Do it Cap! snap his neck like a twig!

1 Like

Hahahaha. No way. Good over Evil always win.

2 Likes

This one is so good!

2 Likes

This short film was my introduction to The Spectre.

2 Likes

I love the 70’s setting and hope they do a good job with this new Batman (Dragon something?) animated movie that’s about to come out. If it is, seriously just get Quentin Tarantino to direct a DC film. This and the trailers for the new batman totally have his movie style vibes.

1 Like

How did she not hear him walk in? It’s almost like he’s a … :ghost:

2 Likes

I kinda want to see a eps./showcase/comic with The Specter and Frank the plant from HQ:TAS as his traveling buddy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: it would be so good!

1 Like

Damn! I missed!

2 Likes

Narrating like a detective noir

2 Likes

If I’m not wrong, the reason Shazam isn’t called Captain Marvel was because he was too similar to Superman.

2 Likes

For sure!

I am the Specter…I’m a ghost ghost ghost ghost.

1 Like

I think those were two separate court cases.

The Superman/Shazam similarity allowed another company to swoop in and steal the name. Shazam, meanwhile, was in some kind of copyright limbo. In-canon, Sivana goofed up and got the entire Earth comatose in Suspendium.

2 Likes

Not tech. I think… Reep is right, Original publisher could no longer publish Shazam…DC bought the rights some years later but somehow not the name I guess or the Marvel Cpt Marvel was created when DC wasn’t using “Shazam” at the moment and when they did Marvel made a fuss. It’s a bit of back and forth with stuff from what I remember but I’m sure there’s a few good youtube videos on it out there.

Edit:
Or heck I think they go over it in that Shazam showcase doc. they had on here. if it’s not it’s on youtube for sure.

2 Likes

And in the Showcase, Vertigo is a literal count.

Just like Young Justice. Both written by Greg

1 Like