DC Showcase Shorts Return!

I absolutely loved the original run of Showcase shorts that were attached to the DVD releases of past DC animated movies, and now FIVE new shorts are in production to be released with future features:

Sgt. Rock
Adam Strange
Phantom Stranger
Death (of The Endless)
Batman: Death in the Family

Looks like that last one is intended to be a longer short, akin to the Superman/Shazam/Black Adam short of the first Showcase run.

Got the news from here:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-showcase-animated-announcement/

I certainly hope they come to DCU, but even if they don’t … Wooooo! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Yayyyyy none of the subjects interest me but yayyyyyyy

2 Likes

BadASS! They all interest me, especially Adam Strange and The Phantom Stranger!

I hope DCU’ll have 'em.

2 Likes

Exciting news! Are all DC shorts on DCU? At least Chase Me seems to be missing.

1 Like

@mae All of the existing Showcase shorts are here. They play after Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam.

My hope for these new shorts with regards to DCU, is that they’ll be attached to their respective feature and we can watch them before or after (depending on how they’re formatted) each movie.

2 Likes

Correction: I’m not sure if the Catwoman themed Showcase short is here, but the others are.

1 Like

If Sgt Rock is in it, I’m there.

1 Like

I’m glad they are bringing the shorts back. They were special features in the early animated movies. The last one was the Catwoman short on Batman Year One in 2011. I loved the extra shorts.

If Batman Death In The Family short is going to be based off the comic of the same name, I hope Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprise their roles as Batman and Joker.

This was amazing news! I absolutely loved all the Showcase shorts. That Spectre one done as a seventies cop drama was incredible.

Out of all the new ones, I think I’m looking forward to Adam Strange and the Phantom Stranger. These can’t come soon enough!

3 Likes

If they are packaged on the DVD’s I would guess they will arrive on here the same time as the DVD’s do.

1 Like

When is the realest date of Batman Hush coming on dvd

1 Like

When is the realest date of Batman Hush coming on dvd

1 Like

@TheBatman: There’s no official release date for Batman: Hush yet.

However, since it’s a summer release and DC/WB like to show new features at San Diego Comic Con (July 18th - 21st), I’d guess we’re looking at a late July, early August release window.

1 Like