DC’s Future State Has Been Revealed

This does seem pretty cool. I’m looking forward to checking them out.

1 Like

I don’t recognize the name- what else hashe written…?

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what to think of it, but I’ll give it a try. Usually when you have big line-wide stuff like this, there are always those few books that really grab me (For example with the New 52 it was Talon, Nightwing, Superboy and Earth-2) I’m eager to see what the stand out books of this will be.

4 Likes

First off, I was kinda right!!! Secondly, these covers look awesome and VITA AYALA IS DOING A BATGIRLS storyline!!! I’m going to write a who’s who for Future State later this week going over who the writers are so we can put a face to a name!

5 Likes

Mark Russell comics…

Prez

Lex Luthor/Porky Pig

Flintstones

Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles

Wonder Twins

Year of the Villain: Sinestro (one-shot)

And, my favorite of his from a non-DC company, Billionaire Island

5 Likes

Lex Luthor Porky pig, such a…wierd? good-ish? honestly not the best DC/Looney Toons

2 Likes

Snagglepuss and Looney toons are some of his critical eisner noms. I don’t think he won any, but he will write a very solid 3 issue story.

1 Like

When I think of comic writers that I consider to have attained a consistent rockstar quality in their body of work, the newest writer on my list is Mark Russell. I swear by the guy.

2 Likes

We’re getting another Superman/Wonder Woman book? Yessssss!!! I’ll be looking forward to this new Wonder Woman. I just hope she interacts with Diana because I’m tired of Donna and Cassie barely ever feeling like they’re connected to Diana.

It is a good sign that the Wonder Woman cover says it will feature Nubia. I’m looking forward to that dynamic being explored and expanded in current comics. It also emphasizes the Immortal part which I’m hoping is why she wear the utility belt and what looks like a Kryptonite necklace (I hope it’s not a shipping thing with Batsy).

4 Likes

He’s definitely a great writer to watch. Also, he actually did several issues of the Batman: Gotham Nights digital comic that started earlier this year.

Also, since they didn’t mention it here, I feel like I should show off the Batman stuff:

In this future, Gotham City is controlled by the Magistrate. This villainous regime has taken control of the city, now under constant surveillance. All masked vigilantes have been outlawed and Batman has been killed. But led by an all-new Batman, a new assembly of Gotham’s guardians rise to give hope to all of those who lost it!

Oversized Comics:

Future State: The Next Batman #1-4

• The Next Batman, by John Ridley, Nick Derington and Laura Braga
  • Outsiders , by Brandon Thomas and Sumit Kumar
  • Arkham Knights , by Paul Jenkins and Jack Herbert
  • Batgirls , by Vita Ayala and Aneke
  • Gotham City Sirens, by Paula Sevenbergen and Emanuela Lupacchino

Future State: Dark Detective #1-4

• Dark Detective , by Mariko Tamaki and Dan Mora
  • Grifters , by Matthew Rosenberg and Carmine di Giandomenico
  • Red Hood , by Joshua Williamson and Giannis Milonogiannis

Monthly Mini-Series:

• Future State: Batman/Superman , by Gene Luen Yang and Ben Oliver
  • Future State: Catwoman , by Ram V and Otto Schmidt
  • Future State: Harley Quinn , by Stephanie Phillips and Simone Di Meo
  • Future State: Nightwing , by Andrew Constant and Nicola Scott
  • Future State: Robin Eternal , by Meghan Fitzmartin and Eddy Barrows

3 Likes

The Wonder Woman part confuses me because it sounds like this is going to have not just Diana and Nubia, but a different Wonder Woman as well in the Superman section:

Meanwhile in the Amazon rainforest, Yara Flor is chosen to be the new Wonder Woman. Years later, the new Superman and Wonder Woman join forces to save their cities in a new superhero team-up the likes of which the world has never seen.

But it all does sound cool, especially Wonder Woman by Joelle Jones.

5 Likes

I’m excited for that Wonder Woman too. Anything to get more Wonder titles out there. I’m all for another SuperWonder. I was a fan of Cassie/Connor and especially love Diana/Kal. I just want to know why Yara was chosen as the new Wonder Woman and if she has ties to the Amazons or gods. She looks a bit like Big Barda/Apokolips style.

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m in for every Future State book I’ve read about so far, especially Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Justice League.

2 Likes

I’m not all caught up on the news so I’m probably really wrong, but could this sidekick character in Jackson/Kaldur’s Aquaman be the one in the Justice League book with Yara and the others just all grown up?

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I will be really pissed off it bat and cat once again have their relationship restarted, these two have been dancing around each other pulled apart for eighty years let bat cat finally tie the dang knot officially in cannon that is not then completely rebooted. we batcat fans deserve this after batman number 50…god i hate Holly Roberson. eather put the beep on suicide squad or have Catwoman and holly duke it out. i do not mind if they keep having cats having her own adventures as along as she and bruce finally tie the knot.

However I am hoping this will be something like Ultimate marvel insted of a full reboot. however, I am thinking it may also just be a new event like metal or leviathan dealing with the brother eye crisses of batman beyond because batman 100 mentions a punchline comic coming out next month plus this new ghost maker arch. plus a new ivy book. honestly i be pissed if the kill off bruce. there already doing that in a videogame.

To be clear, this isn’t a reboot. It sounds something closer to Convergence from a few years back – a couple of months telling a crazy alternate reality story before going back to the main world as we know it right now.

4 Likes

Agreed. In this article from Newsarama, the DC Batman group editor keeps referring to it as a “possible future”. Conjecture on my part, but I’d guess some of it will come true and some won’t, depending on popularity and future creative teams involved.

In this article, they say that in March, titles will return to their original numbering and continue their 2020 storylines.

Regardless, folks will keep calling it a “re”-whatever :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

How does Dan Jurgens’ Generations story tie into all this, I wonder?

2 Likes