DC Round Robin 2022: The Final Face-Off! Voting is CLOSED

If nothing else, and I hope this can be shared with the higher ups, Kon’s wife vote margin is a good argument for Conner to get an ongoing story beyond the lengths of this miniseries

10 Likes

I don’t know about a Solo book but I definitely agree may be a team book that he would be the lead. Maybe Connor create a Hero music band of different aliens and they also save people on the road. Maybe the drummer could have like six or eight arms !

5 Likes

i knew they would try again the last day , sorry you have to work on your vacation ㅠㅠ

7 Likes

Ahh yes the Best Band in the Universe. Honestly would be down for them to get Superboy and the Ravers back together. But would definitely prefer a solo book for him.

8 Likes

I say both. And also a Young Justice ongoing too. It’s one of my all time favorite reads. Really, it just seems like there’s an appetite for more Conner

8 Likes

I would love it if they paired Conner & Cassie back up. That was one of my favorite couples in the DCU.

5 Likes

The books/heroes Conner beat out should speak volumes of people wanting him to have an ongoing solo book. I mean he had the hardest bracket and beat all them out.

8 Likes

Would actually love for them to give Conner and Cassandra Cain a fair chance

5 Likes

There’s another option, a couple book, like Hawk & Dove ! “Conner & Cassie” has a good ring to it.

6 Likes

To me Kon and Cassie were better as friends than as a couple, but if they bring that pairing back, I at least want them to give Cassie a new costume! I love that Kon liked her in all her 90s tomboy glory, I want her leadership and her pants back haha.

13 Likes

I vote for a new superboy ongoing
A Superboy and the ravers series again
Young justice
Super family

That might be enough lol

9 Likes

I would’ve gladly settled for a Conner & Cassie team up book if we weren’t getting a new solo book. That could actually be an amazing book or even miniseries if done right.

5 Likes

It was really weird having them back on the YJ team together but never mention anything about their relationship,I don’t know why bendis didn’t go this route. Even if Cassie couldn’t remember their relationship, Conner would have, so he could intermonlogue about it

6 Likes

I always felt like their relationship ran its course…especially right before the New 52. They broke off on good terms, both realizing it wasn’t the right thing for them anymore. I think they were good when they were young, but I think as they got older/more mature it wouldn’t have worked out.

But that might be some of my bias against Johns’ TT run coming out. He did not know how to write teenaged female characters well and I always thought he butchered Cassie’s character. He made her hate her younger self for “not being pretty” when based on earlier characterizations she would not have cared. He honestly just turned her into just the blonde love interest imo. She’s written very blandly. In the like first 25 issues, Cassie does not have a conversation with another female character that is not about boy drama or shopping for clothes. Really just not good characterization.

I wish they’d kept Cassie as more of the tomboy she was in her early appearances and in YJ1998.

13 Likes

Well Conner and Megan could be tried out in the comics, but with Megan’s character a lot different than her TV show counterpart it would be shown a lot different.

4 Likes

That one specific page in the Johns TT run with Cassie looking back on her old self (with the ‘not very pretty’ line) had always frustrated me from the first time I read it, even before I’d actually gone back and read the earlier Wonder Woman stuff she was in and gotten to know tomboy Cassie. Tbh I’d love to get to see her re-approach some of that now that she’s a little older.

Like I know I and many others went through the whole ‘as a teen hated some of the things I did/how I looked when I was younger, but now as an adult look back on it all a lot more fondly’ thing, it’d be cool to see something like that done with her.

7 Likes

I really can’t get over how much of a squash victory this was for SB, I would never have thought it would happen, even if I always knew how great he was

7 Likes

Either in a wonder woman or YJ comic could make that happen. I love thst the YJ4 have grown so much over the years, even while DC is reverting them at the moment

7 Likes

this is definitely one of the things about johns’ tt run that’s always irked me actually i just cannot stand the way cassie was treated sometimes & i miss the tomboy look especially, it’s the kind of design i thought was super cool and would have definitely tried to emulate when i was like 12 lol.

i think we need more prominent female heroes who are less traditionally feminine or “pretty” (which itself kinda stupid tbh, tomboy cassie was adorable) cause it gets super boring and honestly just for representation & role models we need more diverse designs imo.

super interested in if we might see some different cassie looks/return to tomboy cassie because of the tomboy cassie on the cover of one of the upcoming dark crisis young justice issues

12 Likes

Going with Suicide Squad Dark

3 Likes