DC Round Robin 2022: Round 3 Voting is CLOSED!

I did vote on all 3. It’s not about who wins its about making part community feel useless because they are doing this in the stupidest way possible.

If it doesn’t work to only vote here then why not only put it on instagram where the most people vote? What is the point in splitting it up between 3 sites when one site has enough people to completely stomp out the other 2? There is no point voting on here or twitter when the instagram has a 25% bigger audience.

Just put it on Instagram and let the largest amount of eyes make the vote.

2 Likes

I’m done responding to this, because you’re just repeating things I’ve already answered.

3 Likes

I just wanted to know how splitting the vote on platform who don’t have any power is a good move. Driving empty engagement doesn’t out way actively upsetting fans.

2 Likes

But you’re also here on DCUI, unlike a ton of people voting on IG. What I and so many people are taking issue w/ are the people who only vote on IG being so ridiculously numerous that they’re skewing the entire tournament. It’s frustrating not knowing the voting totals on socials and thus not being able to make exact arguments, but the fact that SSD lost both here and on Twitter but won overall is pretty solid proof that IG voters outnumber the other 2 platforms by a ridiculous amount

2 Likes

I do get a lot of your frustrations w/ the impact IG votes are having on the tournament, but I do still think it’s best to have voting on all 3 platforms. I’m not sure it’s enough to just tell people about it and assume they’ll come here to vote. People would, but probably not as much as DC would want. But involving them in the process is more likely to make them invested. Sure, plenty of people will still mindlessly vote w/out actually taking in what the tournament really is, but increasing the number of people who are actually interested is still worth it

That said, I still maintain that the votes need to be counted differently. Maybe something like every Twitter vote counts for 2 and every DCUI vote counts for 3, or Twitter counts for 3 and DCUI counts for 5. We’d need to know the specific number of votes cast across socials to know for sure what’d be the best ratio, but implementing a change like that would still allow DC to get maximum engagement w/out making users on platforms outside IG, especially here, feel like their votes are being wasted

2 Likes

Bro, it’s not worth arguing anymore. Move on

3 Likes

Maybe not to you, but it is to me

2 Likes

You could literally be doing anything else. They aren’t going to change their mind. We tried. If SSD wins, we protest by not buying. It’s all we can do at this point

2 Likes

Don’t forget we’re all just DC fans. We just want to read good stories

4 Likes

Did the same thing w/ Robins, and yet the safe pick is on the verge of winning yet again. I get that sales speak loudest, but it’s not the only way to make our issues w/ the tournament known

2 Likes

They aren’t going to change it within this one. I’m sure DC will keep in mind the Instagram controversy and do what they feel is best. We are not DC. We do not decide what DC does. They’re getting a new president soon, so it can be better soon. We’ll find out eventually. Until then all we can do is hold on.

2 Likes

When’s round 4?

6 Likes

Round 4 will be taking place sometime towards mid-late May! No specific date as of yet, but we’ll keep y’all updated. :+1:

10 Likes

I was just about to ask, Thankyou for letting us know.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

UPDATE!

Looks like 5/10 will be the next day to vote, which is also when the second issue of the Round Robin sneak-peek comic hits DCUI!

Make sure to read the comic, which will feature a preview of the first 10 pages of each finalist title, and run back here to cast your final votes! :fist:

7 Likes

Where can I vote?

4 Likes

You’ll vote in this thread. Voting starts in about two hours! (9a PT/12p ET)

5 Likes

I can’t wait to read those 10 pagers! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can we have both please

6 Likes