DC Roleplaying Games

I’m finally jumping back into DC Heroes and planning a session based on the Harley Quinn animated series to run for a friend’s birthday. It’ll be loosely based on the module King of Crime with Harley and her gang (which will only include Clayface and Dr. Psycho as we have three players for the game) trying to foil a Legion of Doom crimewave to prove they are real super villains too.

I had to create Harley and Psycho from scratch and modify one of the existing Clayfaces in the Batman RPG book, and now I’m plotting out the adventure itself so we can run it later this month. I’ll update with a play report after it’s over!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ve been thinking of some Gotham City one-shots lately too.
I’m excited to read your play report!
I’m still hoping we hear about the Monolith Batman RPG soon. They were supposed to have a major Batman announcement in the next 5-6 weeks, I hope that’s it.

1 Like

There’s a The Authority roleplaying game book that has been taunting me from Amazon. When I have money to waste, its sold out. In stock, I have no money. Eventually I’ll get it than hopefully I can get a group

1 Like

I just started a DC Heroes (using the Blood of Heroes rules) game set in Fawcett City at the beginning of World War II. The hardest part always seems to be character creation.

1 Like

I picked that one up at a used book store many years ago but I’ve never gotten around to reading it. Same story with the Smallville RPG. Basically, if I see a game book that’s related to the DC Universe I’m gonna buy now ask questions later.

1 Like

There’s a great DC Heroes sourcebook called The World At War that covers the WWII period and has stats for a ton of Golden Age heroes and villains. Definitely worth picking up if you can find it on eBay.

1 Like

I second The World at War being a great sourcebook!

As far as Character Creation goes, I stopped using the rules to create characters a long time ago. I just have the player come up with a concept that fits into the campaign and roughly is the same power level as the other player ideas. I then use all the existing DC characters as a measuring stick to help the player create that character.

I wish we could get a new 4th edition of DC Heroes, that was basically 3rd edition combined with the best parts of Blood of Heroes.

Bought it when it first came out. It’s one of the best sourcebooks they put out. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of info about the Captain Marvel characters in any of the DC Heroes books, but that’s okay, as I used to stat everything out back in the early nineties for my DC Heroes webpage.

I like to keep the point totals somewhat equivalent and that’s where it gets difficult. But I don’t make the players do the numbers crunch. I have them tell me what they want and then build it out in my database. Works much better that way.