DC Roleplaying Games

That could definitely happen, but Pa Kent would have to roll double 10’s ten times in a row to do it. (and then Doomsday would probably just use Hero/Villain Points to cancel the damage.)

1 Like

Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition which is essentially the same system as DC Adventures still has releases now and then. It would be cool to see the DC Adventures community grow. Adapting the upcoming modules for M&M into the DC Universe could be a fun project.

2 Likes

I wish they had had the time to do more with DC Adventures. I’d have loved to see some adventures and more Sourcebooks published. I would have liked to submit some material myself.

1 Like

I just recently joined with a group on Roll20 that’s going to try to run some Teen Titans games revisiting/reimagining some of their early stories. I built Speedy in Hero Lab last night. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome! Playing in the early years would be really cool.
The Hero Lab tools for that game are pretty great.

2 Likes

This is like a dream come true! I hope it means there is a chance of an updated reprint for DC Heroes 3rd edition.
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/presenting-dc-universe-all-star-games/?utm_source=variety&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=acq_service_1p_sf_none_na%20_dcu&utm_content=dcu%20all%20stars_trailer%20announcement_Img_1280x720_watch%20now

1 Like

There is a Kickstarter happening right now for an amazing looking Batman the Animated Series miniatures game:

Just learned about this show! I was actually going to pitch something similar when they were taking submissions, but real life got in the way and I couldn’t make the deadline. I really hope it leads to renewed interest in a DC tabletop RPG.

2 Likes

There is a large Facebook group out there for those interested in the Facebook thing Mayfair's DC Heroes RPG Public Group | Facebook

I played DC Heroes when it came out. My GM had a whole storyline where our Gotham City hero team had to deal with fallout from Crisis, including a few encounters with the LSH, as we rescued a very powerful blonde woman from Darkseid and they thought they knew what was up. We never did find out the truth.
We followed that up with a collection of Legion recruits that got put through the wringer, at that was just at tryouts.

In the years since I have played in, or run a DC heroes game (often both) with every tabletop group I’ve been in. About to introduce my newest group to the game, all of whom have only played D&D5E so far.

I’ve also played the Blood of Heroes game pretty steadily. I think the game system and powers were improved, but dear goddess, that artwork was horrible. Still, ignoring that, the game was great to see, and a lot easier to get my friends to buy than a $100 Ebay or Amazon copy of DC Heroes. One of my original game group of DC got to be a contributing editor for their core book. I was so proud of them.

DC. If you folks can work out the legal chicanery, please reprint this game. Aside from all the awesome gaming this system has given us, and the awesome stuff from the past (while I hope you leave as is) There’s also about 20 years of updated supplements you can put out, covering everything from Millenium to Invasion, the Ring Wars, Darkest Night, No Man’s Land…
The list just goes on, and while I have my own personal headcanon of preferred DC Heroes timelines, you never know when a little piece of info will inspire.

1 Like

I’m hoping with All Stars we’ll see DC release an updated MEGS DC Heroes game.

1 Like

I would honestly be okay with them re-releasing the 3rd Edition, or even 2nd Edition source books, and offer suppliments to cover the various times and stories in the intervening years. Want to run using 90s Superman rules? covered. Want to use the 80s pre-crisis stuff? covered. Want to use post Zero-Hour? covered.
I may have been a bit unclear in my last post. I wanted to clarify.

The MEPS system and game itself only needs minor tweaks really.

3 Likes

Agreed, the 3rd edition MEGS rules were fine. If we just got a reprint of those I’d be happy. I already own it, but a new hardback would be sweet!
An updated character book or two, or better yet some modern Who’s Who books would be amazing.

I have never played any role playing games not even D&D. Although I wouldn’t mind trying it.

Maybe we should see if we can get someone to set it up on the discord.

Any chance we might see a new edition of DC Heroes? Maybe a re-release of 1st or 2nd ed as well? It’s been far too long since this game has been available. How about it DC?

1 Like

If the show gets enough positive response there may be a chance.

I always found the DC Adventures(M&M 3rd) to be alright. The rules are overly complicated but it works pretty well and can be fun depending on the group.

There is one coming out soon (from a solid Kickstarter) Called Prowlers and Paragons that runs really well and is a D6 based system. Honestly, I’m suprised no one has made a Retro-clone for MEGS yet like Mutants and Marvels did with TSR’s Marvel system.

Blood Of Heroes was a generic version of DC Heroes/MEGS with some updated rules. It’s basically 4th edition without any DC content. It used to be available for a lower price than used copies of DC Heroes, but it’s our of print too and the price has risen a lot lately.
I’d really love a new hardback version of DC Heroes. BoH updates and new rules were cool,but it’s nowhere near as fun to read without the DC content.