DC Reveals First Look And New Details For 'Poison Ivy: Thorns'

Just in time for Pride Month, DC has tapped acclaimed author Kody Keplinger (The DUFF) and artist Sara Kipin to reimagine Poison Ivy—one of DC’s most popular antiheroes—in Poison Ivy: Thorns , a new teen romance with a gothic-horror twist.

Author Kody Keplinger calls it “an angsty gothic romance complete with creepy plants, a big spooky house, and two girls kissing.”

Poison Ivy: Thorns marks both Keplinger and Kipin’s first graphic novel and first work with DC. The book is available to preorder now and hits stores everywhere books are sold on June 1, 2021.

Check out the full story in the DC News, including the official description!

And now for a sneak peek at some of the artwork just revealed!

Will you be picking up Poison Ivy: Thorns? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

12 Likes

:raised_hands: :smirk: I totally just preordered this. :rose: :0_poison_ivy_tas: :green_heart: Cant wait to check it out!

5 Likes

I was hoping our own plant lady saw this, and lo, her comment is first! :hugs:

This looks amazing and I can’t wait to check it out! Really really hope sooner or later these awesome and beautiful YA graphic novels get added to our library, too.

P.S.: This kinda solidifies my belief that Ivy is actually canonically gay, and this is DC’s way to explore that.

4 Likes

I’m loving this artwork. It’s giving me witchy story book vibes and I totally dig it.

6 Likes

I thought the same!

5 Likes

@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell must be really excited about this! :slightly_smiling_face: :0_poison_ivy_tas: :poison_undercoverhqtas:

4 Likes

I love the art in this, it looks great. :slight_smile: This is a good time to be a teen DC fan.

6 Likes

I’ll be reading

3 Likes

I’ll be picking it up and hopefully reading it.

(although I have a handful of these graphic novels that are sitting unread - need to work on that)

2 Likes