DC Retires Vertigo, Combines All Imprints Under a Single Banner

https://www.cbr.com/dc-retires-vertigo-new-labels-2020/

:frowning:

Not a bad thing, just under in DC banner I guess.

3 Likes

Yeah, so does this mean we will be getting that content on here in 2020. I would assume we will.

6 Likes

I suppose I don’t really understand, but, whatever. It’s not my company.

4 Likes

This news is giving me Vertigo… Is that ironic or a paradox??

3 Likes

That would be a ton of extra adult oriented content on here. I personally like the idea, put it all under one umbrella with a parental guidance rating. DC‘s recognition of its diverse members/consumers.

2 Likes

I like the idea if that content comes to this App. I don’t like the idea of consolidation where some folks get severance and lose their jobs. That is a drawback.

1 Like

This is probably the best case scenario for this. As someone who got into comics via Vertigo books this makes me sad, but I can understand the reasoning.

As for putting them on the app – I think part of the problem has been figuring out all the creator permissions for things. So this might be one roadblock on getting something like Sandman or Scalped on here, but it’s not a sure thing, most likely.

2 Likes

I think there’s some misunderstanding here. They’re not eradicating ALL IMPRINTS, they’re just putting them all under the “Black Label” banner.

Which, by the way, makes it unlikely that will see them on DCU.

Animal Man needs to come back

4 Likes

@BwanaBeastguy6667 indeed he does

1 Like

No love for Vertigo, people only want them in an unlimited app. Probably why it’s getting shut down.

A lot of those Vertigo titles deserves to be bought in my opinion.

2 Likes

I mean, they can still be bought, and you’ll still be able to buy them after this happens. They just won’t have Vertigo branding if you buy them new. I don’t really think it’s a big deal.

2 Likes

I have bought the absolute Preacher arc. I believe that the future of print comics is omnibus and absolutes.

@E-Dot It’s not like they’re going to stop selling them. New stories just won’t be branded with the Vertigo imprint

1 Like

I have started the omnibus route

1 Like

I don’t like the news surround this. A lot of the headlines are saying that DC is killing or cancelling Vertigo, When in reality they’re dropping the name merging it the main DC comics and Black Label.

1 Like

I’m actually glad that Vertigo is effectively now fully cannon in the DC universe. So that means The Kitchen is a full DC movie now. I don’t know why imprints are necessary. Everything can and should be just one big happy family!

I hope that means more Animal Man

So is Hex Wives now part of canon or are they still going to be self contained just with the DC log?. And if so is DC going to make it clear what is in continuity and what isn’t? I assume Tim Hunter and the Dead Boy Detectives are: maybe Vertigo House of Mystery and Sandman but what about some of the creator owned stuff like V for Vendetta or Sheriff of Bagdad?