DC References

Have you ever been watching a movie/TV show, listening to a song, or reading a book and they randomly referenced DC? Post about it here. I’ll kick things off with the SCOOB! - Official Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnKvQbpDYXU

7 Likes

Beat me to it! Enjoyed the trailer. Wonder if we’ll see any more DC references :thinking:.
Apparently it’s the start of a Hanna Barbera Cinematic Universe. Hopefully it does work out since animation doesn’t tend to do that well in the theaters unless it’s like Pixar or something. Loved to see more movies based on classic characters. Dig some of the designs brought to 3D especially Shaggy and Scooby (the way they animated them to move around looks good too)

1 Like

Just watched the trailer and noticed it right away. Fun see the cameo and it looks like it going to be a good movie. Trying to think of some cameos but the only one that comes to mind is a small cameo of Batman or Superman poster a toy in Spiderverse. It was in Miles room I think.

1 Like

My only complaint about the trailer is Shaggy’s voice. I mean is Will Forte really that much more popular than Matthew Lillard? They brought in Frank Welker from all the animated stuff to voice Scooby because he does such a great job & Matthew Lillard definitely does a better voice for Shaggy than Will Forte. But besides my tangent I’ve mainly noticed DC referenced in Looney Tunes/Tiny Toon stuff.
LDC

5 Likes

That actually did look surprisingly good. First I heard of this being part of a Hanna-Barbara shared universe, but when I was watching the trailer I was thinking “that \F/ did look familiar, but I can’t place where…”

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yup (The pic below is just about the making of the film + Hanna Barbera-verse, nothing spoilery about the film itself)

They kinda spoiled something with a certain cast made but we’ll see exactly how that plays into the movie if it’s a small thing/easter egg or not. So don’t look into the castings at all if you want to be surprised.

2 Likes

I kind of feel like at this point the allure of the cinematic universe is starting to falter. Like, if they pull it off, great, but I’m not super excited for that part of it.

2 Likes

I feel ya’. I just want a good movie out of this. Although Warner’s done their crossover/universe’s long before we started to get it so much in live action stuff so with animation doing it again I don’t mind it.

1 Like

The Flash spotted in the new Sonic trailer

4 Likes

They also did this in the scooby doo movie wrestlemania mystery. At the end of the movie scooby had a match against the ghost bear. During the match they were showing scenes of people watching the match and cheering on scooby and for one scene they showed. Zatanna, wondergirl, Artemis and miss martian watching it

5 Likes

@mikebaldwin that is really cool

2 Likes

I was just about to mention that too! My seedling showed me the updated trailer for Sonic last night and that was the first thing I noticed.

4 Likes

This episode of Animator vs Cartoonist has the artists drawing Justice League characters :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Just remembered on ‘That’s 70’s Show’ they randomly had a day dream type of thing where they were the Super Friends. Also at the end of the clip when they’re getting high at the 2:40 mark. Kelso (Batman) I wanna say that he was so high that he forgot his parents were dead lol.

3 Likes

Since Thanksgiving is around the corner :joy:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Wonder Woman and Superman appear in Thor: The Worthy #1

1 Like

The Circle UK Series 2 Episode 12: The narrator refers to one of the competitors as “DC’s latest superhero, Catfish Woman” in reference to Catwoman.

Background, on The Circle… Contestants are able to pretend to be other people because they don’t get to see each other and only interact through text, hence catfish.