DC References in Other Properties

City So Real: Flash, 2 WW & a Supergirl costume.

Batman reference.

3 Likes

I hope @capo-mage doesn’t mind me adding this, but I caught a Batman reference in the Mad Men episode “Ladies Room” (the second episode of the show), copywriter Harry Crane comments of account executive Don Draper, “Draper? Who knows anything about that guy? No one’s ever lifted that rock—he could be Batman for all we know.”

Given the episode is set in late 1959, some might think the comment is anachronistic, but it really isn’t. Older guys at Sterling Cooper might not know who Batman is, but younger guys like Harry certainly would. Aside from the fact that Harry and the other younger guys probably read Batman comic books as kids, there’s also the fact that at this point Batman had appeared in two serials and was a recurring character on the radio show The Adventures of Superman.

4 Likes

Why would I care? Lol. This isn’t my thread… :joy:. If it was I’d say thank you b/c I’m a huge Madmen fan, & that took me back. I almost forgot Harry. He was a little @#&$ in that show. Plus, I don’t remember that at all, & u told me exactly where I can see it. I probably went nuts at the time? I’m guessing I would’ve? Considering at that time Don, Betty, & Batman we’re 3 of my favorites fictional characters while that show was live. Plus, wow!!! That was some incredible insight. I like to think I’m a rather intelligent person, but that was like a Mensa Member style deep dive & correlation.

4 Likes

Mad Men is my favorite modern day show, although I guess it’s getting old enough that it is not so modern. I didn’t really catch the Batman reference until this time around (which is either the third or fourth time I’ve watched it).

4 Likes

I’ve only done it once. But, I will be rewatching multiple times. I waited til like season 2 ended. Then caught up thru Netflix thru the mail, when they did that. Then was ready to go for season #3. It’s amazing!!!

4 Likes

Feakazoid Episode 1

4 Likes

4 Likes

• Superman shirt in crowd during Nick Gage vs brother Chris Gage match.

Batman shirt during The Ultimate Warrior match. Both from Docuseries above, which is incredible!!!

4 Likes

The Dark Side of the Ring: Superman t on Howard Stern Show.

4 Likes

The Dark Side of the Ring: Superman & Batman t-shirts.

4 Likes

Big Brother documentary (Jackass crew) Knoxville in Superman t.

4 Likes

Like A Rolling Stone Documentary on Ben Fong- Torres: Blackhawk Comic.

4 Likes

SNL: Batman.

3 Likes

Young Rock: Aquaman 3 (set in future with flashbacks)

4 Likes

George Carlin’s American Dream (documentary): The Joker.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Snowfall: Jimmy Olsen.

3 Likes

Family Guy: Batman, Val Kilmer & Adam West.

4 Likes

Family Guy: Watchmen.

3 Likes

XXXTentacion Documentary: Batman pillow.

3 Likes