DC References in Other Properties

Netflix Documentary on Hip-Hop called Rhyme & Reason: 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗡, referenced by Wycleff while describing the record industry. Also, I know his name is spelled Wyclef. But, I’m just going with what’s on the doc?

3 Likes

Good Netflix series- On My Block: Batman & Robin.

3 Likes

On My Block: Marvel versus DC.

3 Likes

Netflix game show -The Circle: Batman and Robin. (Contestant said he went to Comic Con, than that :point_down:t2:)

3 Likes

Netflix- Attack of the Hollywood Cliche’s: BvS, Die-Hard (Superman), Watchmen, Suicide Squad, Justice League: WW, Superman, Cyborg, Batman Returns: Catwoman.
They give the origin of the cliche’ (what movie did it 1st-invented it), the industry’s phrases for them etc. These aren’t the terms they use, Don wanna spoil everything, so I’ll summarize in my own words.

BvS- The Faraway guy at the funeral.
Die Hard- How the character in a trilogy or more (5-8 movies etc.) gets more invincible as more get made.
Watchmen- The ways they get around showing the final act in love making.
Suicide Squad- The super hot girl every guy/ girl everyone else on set ogles at & acts like they don’t know why?
Justice League- how guys act immature & the girl says a playful remark about how immature they are.
Batman Returns- Women unpractically fighting in high heels.

Also, of course, DC comics, Zack Snyder etc. in the titles at the bottom of the clips.

4 Likes

Tampa Bay vs The Patriots: Superman audible call. Did the Cam Newton / Superman uniform reveal while yelling Superman.

3 Likes

AMC movie theater commercial during Stargirl with my wives Nicole & Gal.

4 Likes

Generation Hustle on Max: Joker.

3 Likes

The Movies That Made Us season 3: ELF episode. Showing how the people who made it were all nobody’s at the time. Including John Favreu as a director. Then, they show all the movies they’ve made since. There were tons, but, 𝐀𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧 & 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 are the 2 DC ones.

3 Likes

Generation Hustle. Marvel reference in there for u people lol. Con-Man explaining how tempted he was to use these names.

3 Likes

A lot I’ll start with Boston. He was there b/c it’s considered the worst place in America for people with disabilities. Started off talking about all the good things to come out of there. Batfleck was one.

3 Likes

United Shades of America: In Puerto Rico. Artist Edgardo Miranda-Rodriquez. Created first Puerto Rican Superhero. He visited his comic shop in Puerto Rico. Once again a little something for u Marvel Fans as it’s a Marvel label. But, also showed GL, & A Batman figure in background.

3 Likes

United Shades of America: Batcave reference.

3 Likes

United Shades of America: Rescue home specifically for lgbtqa refugees/ Immigrants. WW shirt.

3 Likes

United Shades of America: W. Kamau Bell at an Indian reservation protest of (u guessed it) government trying to take more of their land ugghhh. Adam Beach was there.

4 Likes

United Shades of America: Rock Climbing in Kentucky: Batman reference.

3 Likes

United Shades of America: Superman & Krypton references.

3 Likes

The Movies that made us Netflix: The Nightmare Before Christmas. Burton was working simultaneously on Batman & Batman returns. I actually went easy, I never realized how almost every show has a DC reference somewhere in it til this thread.

I’m stuck hit 20 in a row @SuperBlueGuyIncognito ill finish these out.

The Movies that made us Netflix: Nightmare on Elm Street- Budget compared to other movies by same co. Superman in there & Swamp Thing since Wes Craven worked on both. Nightmare & Swamp Thing I mean of course not Superman lol.

The Movies that made us: Aliens: Catwoman & WW references how Aliens made it possible for a woman to be the hero.

SNL Weekend Update: Jon Kent’s new role subtitles behind pics, Riddler involved in joke.

4 Likes

Some good ones there, pal!

1 Like

Ty for the unlock buddy. I’ll just come back & use this on next one I find by doing an edit. Had to say ty tho!!!

1 Like