DC References in Other Properties

Rizzoli & Isles: Superman & Kryptonite.

4 Likes

Rizzoli & Isles: Superman.

3 Likes

I love all the DC references on Rizzoli & Isles. I have to think Korsak had to have read a LOT of comic books as a kid.

3 Likes

Exact same brainwave. I thought the exact same thing. Not to mention they only reference DC comics. Which makes me think him or at least someone involved is strictly DC. Even more so, b/c the only mention of Marvel was Rizzoli telling Isles her outfit reminded her of a Marvel character. Isles said “is that bad?” -Rizzoli said, well, if u have to ask…? Also, I’ve only been posting on this page then logging back off. I have no time right now. By next Tuesday, I’ll be good. That’s when my dad is supposed to be fully recovered from surgery. So I apologize for my absence, as well as the fact I haven’t been able to check any of my messages. Just saw this one cuz I came to post. I have to be “on call” so I’ve only been posting on this thread b/c I can watch tv & still be vigilant. I can’t even concentrate on comics knowing I might be needed instantly at any time. But, I promise to get back to everyone & everything asap!!!

3 Likes

Netflix Docuseries Immigration Nation: Flash T.

3 Likes

Immigration Nation: Batman T (that I want badly lol).

3 Likes

Immigration Nation: Superman & Batman T’s.

3 Likes

I can understand being on and off because of your dad having surgery! My brother had a heart attack about mid-month and had two stents put in. I didn’t have as much access to the DC Community because of that! Anyway, I hope your dad’s recovery goes well.

3 Likes

I’m extremely sorry to hear that. My dad had the exact same thing 5yrs ago. Hope your brother stays fully recovered. Ty for your sentiments. I send the exact same ones back to you :heart:.

3 Likes

Netflix Documentary- Untold Crime & Penalties: 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝑻.

3 Likes

Thanks! My brother is doing very well. The heart attack took us by surprise as he isn’t very old and he isn’t overweight and he has always been active! Unfortunately, they do run in my mom’s family.

3 Likes

Man, we are on the same page straight thru that entire section. My dad literally works outside in the yard from sunrise to sunset everyday. Always has. I just mowed the lawn yesterday for the last X cuz he’s healed up now. But all my grandparents were gone b4 I was born- with the exception of my moms dad (age 4) & my dad’s mom (age 13). 3 heart attacks & one cancer. Uncle had heart attack on a golf course in California & passed literally on the fairway at 40yrs old. It’s scary :worried:. I’m glad to hear they caught it & got the stints in. My dad (as I mentioned b4) same deal. This time was wrist surgery tho thank a higher power. Hope he’s able to live the way he wants, or, at least live w/o too much anxiety hanging over him :pray: cousin my age just semi-recently passed from a heart attack too. It’s definitely always in my psyche.

3 Likes

Thanks! My brother is doing very well and he is even back at work. He is only 58, so he does have being fairly young on his side! Anyway, his heart attack took us by surprise because, while they do run in my mom’s family, they are virtually unknown my dad’s side!

3 Likes

That’s very young for cardiac problems. I had to have closed heart surgery at 4yrs old. I was born with a stenosis of the aorta. Every breath I took was like when a dr says breathe deep or u just ran 10miles. I thought that’s how everyone did it? The plan was when I was 18. But it got so bad they had to pull the trigger 14yrs early. I had to get cleared every year to play sports but passed with flying colors. Awesome news that he’s doing well tho!!! Your brother that is.

3 Likes

DC on DC but it’s Supergirl: Captain Carrot :carrot:. So…no brainer haha.

3 Likes

Indians post game. Oscar Mercado said “c’mon u know I’m made of steel”- when asked if crashing into the railings hurt on an attempted catch. Subtitles wouldn’t show it. Than announcer signed em off by saying the Man of Steel. But the subtitles said steal haha. Which is actually a great nickname for a Ricky Henderson type baseball player. Unfortunate they missed one & butchered the other tho.

3 Likes

Netflix Untold final installment: Breaking Point. Tennis Pro Mardy Fish 2nd pic Batman T is just a buddy: Batman (backwards, think he’s on a device?) & Superman shirts.

Great for anyone with mental health issues. Especially anxiety disorder, idk the technical term but I call it a swimming brain, (when your head just won’t shut off) depression etc. I felt like I was watching a documentary about myself. I didn’t realize it was so common for all of those to be linked. Even playing the “doing the math”, when seeing what time it is thing. I mean, he doesn’t avoid clocks like me, but that’s another one I thought I was alone on. Good viewing & helpful :+1:!!!

2 Likes

family guy dc comic

3 Likes

? Are u saying there’s a Family Guy comic produced by DC? Or Family Guy was a DC comic b4 it was a show? I don’t mean to bother u, but I truly don’t understand that statement.

3 Likes

Direct TV commercial: WW & Serena.

4 Likes