DC PRIMAL AGE Toyline...What Are Your Thoughts?

Not sure what I think. My initial response was ugh. Then I stepped back and decided not to be judgey. Still not loving it though.

1 Like

I preordered most of the line, Iā€™m at work but Amazon says theyā€™ve been delivered today- canā€™t wait to see them in person! Also really looking forward to the comic tie-in!

1 Like

My Batman and Ace the Bathound just arrived. They look great. They even feel like the same material as the masters of the universe line.

The saddle immediately broke my ace the bat hound. Thatā€™s also accurate to the old masters of the universe line :blush: so have to replace.

2 Likes

Got Ace, Batman, Joker and Wonder Woman today. Love em (although Iā€™m also worried about possible breakage as I have heard some of the other similar Funko lines have qc issues.) My Wonder Womanā€™s right leg was off in package but it popped right back on after I opened her and saw it was just off the socket (would have sucked if I were a MOC collector though.) And I dang near lost her lasso right after taking her out (it was a frantic few minutes until I found it in a pile of nearby laundry!) Not perfect but good stuff for the price and if youā€™re nostalgic for this sort of thing! (Sorry, tried to post a pic but havenā€™t gotten the hang of it yet! You can see some pics on my Instagram: @bubbashelby https://www.instagram.com/p/BqRGn4ZHl9M/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fhty4mdq2837)

2 Likes

I went ahead and ordered Aquaman, King Shark and Wonder Woman. WW is due tomorrow, the others are sold out ATM so theyā€™ll show up later.

I hope they add some Superman characters. I think he was in the animated short.

3 Likes

Vroom, they do have plans for more characters like Superman and Flash and Iā€™m sure many others. I believe a wave 2 is already in production.

2 Likes

I hope so. Series 1 seems to have sold very well, so I hope the line endures. Iā€™m not interested in the Batcave playset, but Iā€™d be curious what other playsets would be like. The Watchtower, Fortress of Solitude (after Superman characters debut), Oa, Legion of Doom headquarters, etc.

Should Superman come along, Iā€™d like to see a Krypto figure he can ride.

3 Likes

Got WW today. Sheā€™s neat. Little tricksy to stand but neat nonetheless.

2 Likes

Just picked up the Amazing Batcave, Aquaman, Joker, WW, Batman, Green lantern. Loved them all. On occasion some of the limbs might come off here or there, but they easily snap back into place. Itā€™s no biggy. Other than that, I love the new toy line.

1 Like

It seems the villains are packed in a higher ratio than the heroes. The Target I went to last night that had these (two other stores didnā€™t) only had one each of the heroes but about three each of the villains (well, one King Shark).

Is the Batcave worth $70?

1 Like

Are they fragile? I have read reviews on Amazon and that seems to be the only concern. Are the ones in stores a newer version?

I havenā€™t had any issues with mine. They feel nice and sturdy.

Saw them at Target today and wasnā€™t impressed. They looked cheaply made. Kinda like the knockoff MOTU figures from the dollar store.

So on the fence with theseā€¦kinda brings back my childhood with the He-man feel ā€¦just donā€™t know if Iā€™m ready to commit :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like

Iā€™m only aware of this line because of the press about the comic book with the top talent involved. So Iā€™ve been haunting my local Targets - there are several in my area - and NADA. :frowning: No figures. No comic book.

Iā€™ve seen the photos of the figures now and read some of the posts here. I wasnā€™t a He-Man fan so the aesthetic isnā€™t something Iā€™m attracted to. Iā€™m a Batman fan and I might pick up one of the Batman figures tho, but I think I still wanna read the comic bookā€¦if I can find it!

The figures from Amazon had weak hip joints that would break easily. The Target figures are promised to be better designed to prevent that issue. I havenā€™t seen them at Target yet but I have Batman, Scarecrow, Joker, Aquaman and Green Lantern and Wonder Woman that came from Amazon. Batman and Aquaman both broke at the hip (and Iā€™m now gun-shy and wonā€™t move the legs on the others!) so I am hoping to find replacements at Target. I also have Ace who is awesome!
As for the comic, I did find it at Target and have read half of it so far and itā€™s a lot of fun!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to hear of your breakage issues. I had heard of the legs being able to pop back on if they came off. I hope you can find replacements easily.

The comic is alot of fun. Glad others have found it.

1 Like

Has anyone in the LA area seen these at Target? Asking for a friend. :wink: LOL

I shop often at Target but have not found them in any of the stores in my area since they were first announced. So just wondering if anyone in the area has. Iā€™m more interested in the comic book, but as a Batman fan, I might consider picking him up.

2 Likes

Crap