DC Pride Book Club

Hi Andy! Can’t go wrong with Batman. So many great stories with him.

Hope you’ve been enjoying DC Universe :grinning:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry @nu52 I’m having surgeries plural, so I’m barely on right now. Just saw this. I believe it was from Firestorm the Nuclear Man & it was one of the few issues that’s involved in DC One Million. So, I believe (after just rereading it) there’s 2 issues involved? Possibly 3 but I’m pretty sure it’s low. I’ll mark it next time I see it & confirm…

5 Likes

Hope the surgeries are going well and you are back to 100% in no time!!!

5 Likes

Ty so much @MovieAddict !!! They keep changing dates on me? Now I go April 25. Was supposed to be done the 15 but they canceled & rescheduled. So about 2mos after that I will be all done & healed. I was supposed to be done by New Years lol. Just been one mistake after another. We got it together now tho. Appreciate the inquiry.

5 Likes

Yeah, I work at a mental hospital and we can’t stay on schedule all the time either. Glad you are nearing the end though!!!

5 Likes

Wishing you all the best with your surgeries and recovery!

4 Likes

TY @MovieAddict & @nu52 !!! I’m dealing best I can lol. Now it’s the 15th haha. Nonstop changes :man_shrugging:…they aren’t so great at scheduling…? But, they are incredible at what they do, so…I will accept that. First surgery went Aces!!!

5 Likes
6 Likes

I saw this and couldn’t wait to see people here talk about it! The Gabriel Piccolo variaaaaant :sob: :heart:

I also really like that Circuit Breaker is included in this!

6 Likes

Yeah it looks so good! Obviously I’m very biased toward the amazing Harlivy piece!

6 Likes

I knooooooow!!

Do y’all ever feel super proud of Harlivy out of nowhere? Sometimes I think back to when I was a kid and shipping them, and now I’m so happy to see them thriving loud n’ proud :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

I know, it’s amazing to see, especially now in canon. Now if only DC would confirm that Ivy is indeed a lesbian! But yeah, I think back to BTAS days and here we are! :purple_heart: Love always wins.

6 Likes

I’m still so used to it just kind of being hinted at but not confirmed for so long, that it still actually threw me off for a second the other day when I was reading the new HQ series and they went on a date. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here’s hoping for more ace/aro characters!

6 Likes

In relatedness, we have a release date for that Dreamer OGN.
April 2024 Supergirl's Nicole Maines Reveals Dreamer's Secret Origin in New Graphic Novel - IGN

Regarding the stories for the Pride anthology…
A story with Tim and Connor reuniting is nice to see. I don’t think they have interacted in quite a while? Im not sure who the writer is, though their comicvine page gives them alot of credits for things that im unsure about? Like an issue of Sonic the Hedgehog that has multiple writers listed when it was only one story.

Wait, was Circuit Breaker an Earth-11 character? I heard of them but I thought they were for main Earth. I wish Earth-11 showed up more often. Can’t help but notice that this Flash pops up pretty regular on these pride events. On a tangent, whatever happened to that speedster Bolt? The one who was a double amputee.

Midnighter and Apollo are also staples for the pride anthologies. Curious to see how they will bounce off of Alan Scott.

Ghost Maker and Catman? Wha? Why? Weird combination. Curious to see Cannon and Saber.

John Constantine team ups are weirdly also kinda common in these. Im surprised how often I see him in these.

Woo~ Natasha Irons is still queer~ Is she still an item with Traci 13? Looking forward to seeing her team up with Nubia. Ooo~ Mildred Louis is doing this? Big fan of hers.

And the obligatory Harley and Ivy story. Leah Williams is a pleasant surprise.

A multiversity story about Morrisons alt universe green lantern mourning the death of their alt universe Flash…

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the Dreamer comic, hope this gets added to Ultra!

6 Likes

Please educate me as to what “ace/aro” means.

4 Likes

I’m really super sad about Tim Drake: Robin getting cancelled and his last book dropping just in time for Pride is the icing on the bummer cake.

5 Likes

Meaning asexual/aromatic.

5 Likes

Ace or asexual is a character whose sexuality is defined by having absolutely no sexual attraction to anyone. A surprisingly uncommon thing to see portrayed in media. Or at least, acknowledged.

Aro or aromantic is similarly, someone who has no romantic attraction to anyone. Im unclear as to why, but for some reason either concept has an unsettling effect on some people?

5 Likes