DC Pride Book Club

I haven’t read it! Please do not spoil

4 Likes

There will be no spoilers here

4 Likes

No problem no spoilers from me. I’m super anti-spoiler…

2 Likes

I read it. It’s good. I will say no more, but if you want to post spoilers, you can click on the little cog in the top of your thingie, then select “blur spoiler”, then you can type things out in an area which can only be viewed if you click on it.

3 Likes

Superman and Authority issue 1 omg this series looks good

3 Likes

It does look amazing & I’m betting it most likely is. I just finished a reread of Batwoman Vol #1. It was as great as I remembered it being. The Batwoman begins in Detective Comics is tough to beat- but I love both!!!

3 Likes

Hey @kellythetailor! As far as I can tell this was the only thing planned between season 2 & 3–and we didn’t always know we were getting it, so it’s been a nice way to tide us over while we wait. :00_harlivy::black_heart: :harleys_crew: :cobb_squad:

You can come by this thread to talk about it if you’ve got some time! :smile: (you too @RobbinGames!).

4 Likes

I think basically the ‘Harley Quinn animated series’ is probably going to be as bad as the ‘Spiderman animated series’ was

3 Likes

Theres already 2 seasons available (w/ a 3rd on the way this year) and it’s freakin’ HILARIOUS. :cobb_squad: :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas: :banehappyhqtas: :kinghsark_grinhqtas: :clayface_apalledhqtas: :frank_grinhqtas: :drpsycho_eyebrowhqtas: :joker_ewhqtas: You should definitely check it out. :point_right: HBOMax

My man, Frank, is :100: worth a watch alone. :green_heart: #TeamGreen

3 Likes

I’ve been absent a while, but is anyone watching Naomi? Am I the only one who wants to see Anthony and Jacob become an item even though Anthony has been chasing Naomi? Also, what are the book club plans?

3 Likes

Im not sure how to run a book club here. Anyone wanna plan a regular reading then get together to discuss it?

3 Likes

OK, So im pitching the idea of Reading and discussing “The Other DC: Renee Montoya” to kick off the actual book club. Its a general overview of a single character over many series, and covering wide variety of topics to discuss. i believe it would be easy for anyone to jump in and give a distinct or personal viewpoint. You know really get a sense of where to go next.

Next wendesday Feb 16th if your interested lets get this club hopping again and open discuscusion on “The Other DC: Renee Montoya” a book covering everything from her appearences in Batman: the animated series, to her current persona as The Question. Lets read and get together here at DC Pride Book Club

3 Likes

Hello im just reaching out to the original creator of this club to try and get it back up and hosting readings and discussions again. i can make suggestions in the comments and threads but only the creator can host :smile: lets get to engaging the community again

3 Likes

Is that the title of the book? I’m definitely interested in trying to read and stick with it. Hope to do better, especially since I have decided to quit using Facebook since I keep getting banned for nothing. Besides, I’ve enjoyed Twitter as I actually have gotten interaction with celebrities. So, that is a long winded way of saying my online time has been reduced and that will give me more time to converse here.

3 Likes

I felt bad cuz I joined & just assumed I was missing out on every single event. Until u posted on here, idk I wasn’t missing anything, there just hasn’t been anything in a long time.

3 Likes

Well thats why i wanna get things started i havent heard from the creator of this club so ill just post new threads every wednesday

3 Likes

Sounds good. I’m on Winter Olympics full time. Took a small break from em yesterday & today to catch up on messages so I wouldn’t be buried when they (Olympics) finish. So the 20th I’ll be back & Tuesdays I’ll be on. Sometimes I wait till Thursday & do new comic drops & Peacemaker. That’s what I did this week. Next week is finale tho. Ttys!!!

Oh & btw. I haven’t heard from @nu52 in a while…

3 Likes

We’ve been rewatching Chuck, plus I have like 800 other shows I’m watching (exaggeration), including the late night watch along every other Saturday night. I really want a fun conversation online again and I think this is a good start. Already downloaded the Other DC books, and I plan to read all 5 before we discuss the 1.

2 Likes

Sounds good :ok_hand:. I just saw Chuck was added to HBO Max last night!!! I love that show & was thinking of a rewatch myself. I hear ya tho, I’m constantly watching :tv:. I disappear here & there, usually it’s to listen to music or watch tv. Especially when it’s Olympics time. That’s an all day/night job for me lol. No rush, we’ll have some fun on here soon enough. Looking forward to it :hugs:.

2 Likes

And, if you feel like a break from the Olympics at 11pm Eastern/8Pacific, feel free to join us in the watch along with Swamp Thing on Tubi. The link is posted as the first comment and the watch will be a banner probably about 10pm Eastern. Shameless self promotion time over and now back to your regularly scheduled thread…

2 Likes