DC Pride Book Club

Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Hello im looking for something new to read any recommendations?

4 Likes

Yes! DC Pride #1 drops soon here on DCUI! :partying_face:

4 Likes

has anyone read DC Pride #1 yet it was pretty good and i have never even heard of gregorio de la vega, but i hope they show more of him in the future

4 Likes

DC Pride #1 was a lot of fun! If you like Gregorio, I believe he shows up in Midnighter and Apollo, which is a sequel series to Midnighter.

4 Likes

@kellythetailor,

Gregorio (aka: Extraño) first appeared in Millennium (DC’s 1987 crossover event), where he was selected to be one of the “Chosen,” a diverse group of people who would bring about the next step in human evolution. Millennium is not fondly remembered, as it basically served to set-up the New Guardians series which featured the “Chosen” characters. Unfortunately, neither series is available on DCUI.

Most importantly, Extraño is remembered as DC’s first openly gay superhero (excluding retcons). His early appearances were stereotypical and cringeworthy. But, DC Pride proved that he’s a character worthy of more exposure.

4 Likes

i want to see a series of him as he was in DC Pride but solo without midnighter. facing his own constantine esque villians.

Hell i’ll write it. DC hit me up i got some ideas lol

3 Likes

come on guys sooo much lgbt news in DC lately.

John Kent coming out as bi

Crush and Lobo #1 released on the DCUI

And the JQL had a featured story in the new DC holiday anthology released as a comic this month and probably to the DCUI in the next few months.

Why arent there discussions here on the Pride Thread

4 Likes

Got this ish’ recently, I treasure it :heart: :00_dc_pride_bs:

4 Likes

was it good its on my list to read after i get through the Stormwatch stuff i started reading

3 Likes

I liked it, simple story, represents Jon well. I do think that the whole kiss scene felt forced, but I was happy for it either way I s’pose.

3 Likes

I don’t get any messages about these readings? Is it different than other clubs, as far as sending u updates on what the comics are? Or am I just not getting them? Last one I got was the DC Pride #1. I just thought it’d been a long time since there was another one? I just bookmarked this page & I’ll add the notifications thing to watching, to receive any messages on this thread also.

3 Likes

Nah I just hopped on here an realized there hasnt been any recommendations since june figured I’d jumpstart topics and get the ball rolling

3 Likes

Ok :+1: I wasn’t sure if I had a glitch or it’d just been a while. Ty, appreciate it!!!

3 Likes

Actually let’s start some reading recommendations

Harley Quinn the animated series:Eat, Bang, Kill tour" has been running for around 5 or 6 months new issue coming out next week. Very lgbt focused.

Next “Crush and Lobo” number 1 came out this month and number 2 comes out the 11 of January. I believe it’s going to be a mini series. But the focus is Crush overcoming her own issues with her father Lobo.

Also this month “The Other History of DC” had an issue with Renee Montoya. Giving a complete chronological history of the character from detective in Gotham during Batmans animated series up to her current incarnation as The Question.

4 Likes

I read em all except the ones yet to come. The Other History of the DC Universe is incredible. It’s awesome how they revisit everything thru the lens of correct culture. Plus there loaded with actual references & real people. Montoya issue was one of my favorites so far; but they’ve all been outstanding!!! HQ Eat, Bang, Kill tour is hilarious in all the right ways. Crush & Lobo is kind of sad so far, but great reading. I’m bookmarked & watching on this thread, so I won’t forget. Great choices, if I do say so myself!!

3 Likes

Feel free to recomend stuff yourself for others on this thread to check out. It’s not my thread. I just saw a vacancy and decided to start posting here lmao.

3 Likes

:joy: that’s great!!! Will do. Those are fine choices tho. I’ve been rereading Batwoman Rebirth (2017-2018) lately. I think it’s been covered tho as well as The Crime Bible which is one of my favorite reads. To be clear, I’m just rereading Batwoman, not The Crime Bible, but I recently reread The Crime Bible for somewhere around my 3rd or 4th time. Just putting a few off the top of my head out there. I’m going to reread Batwoman Elegy after Rebirth.

3 Likes

NO SPOILERS: Omg who read the new harely quinn the animated series it’s the last one until the show I guess what gives

5 Likes

Idk? I just saw that when I opened up Google today?

3 Likes