DC Pride Book Club

Happy International Asexuality Day

:00_dc_pride_as: :00_dc_pride_as: :00_dc_pride_as:

8 Likes

ALWAYS happy to have supporters here, if you ask me!!! People like you is what we need and I am PROUD to call you a friend. Hope you enjoy being here as much as I enjoy seeing you here!!!

4 Likes

Thank u so much. Absolutely I love it :heart_eyes_cat:. Ty for being so understanding & welcoming. To answer your question- I feel more than at home here. I just dove in to this site headfirst with 0 tech skills. But everyone was so accepting I couldn’t have chosen a better 1st social media experience. The pride club is the epitome of acceptance. I’m always happy in that spot. I appreciate it!!! Oh, & of course my feelings are reciprocated as far as best friendship.

5 Likes

hello, i’m pretty excited to met likeminded people who love lgbtqia+ characters like i do. i’m working on being more active on the community boards and this one speaks to me on so many levels, so thanks for letting me join.

my favorite dc character, in case you couldn’t guess, is black canary. she’s a mess at times, but i like to think of her as my mess (i’m willing to share though). i also love supergirl, batwoman, and wonder woman.

i work in health care and am working through some health issues myself so i’m very far behind in comics and pretty much all things pop culture, but i’m more than happy to chat about things and attempt to read things for book club.

once again, thanks for having me! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for joining and letting us know a bit about yourself. Sorry to hear about your health issues, but thank you for what you are doing in the health care realm. It’s invaluable.

Black Canary is an incredible character. Have you seen her in the Justice Society: World War II trailers? Black Canary is going to rock in that movie.

4 Likes

Those are some of my favorites as well! And yes, to echo what @nu52 just said, people working in healthcare and often putting their lives in danger on a daily basis are superheroes in their own right!

Also, if you think you might have room for one more club, come check out the Birds of Prey, we talk about Black Canary often (obvi!):

:purple_heart:

5 Likes

Don’t know if you found your original Batman rainbow or not…
:arrow_right: Rainbow Batman. :arrow_left:

4 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know this place existed :o

9 Likes

It’s coming…

7 days to go… Are we excited yet?!

7 Likes

Well, I’m happy you found your way here!!! I have it on good authority that June is going to be a really fun month for our club :smiley:

7 Likes

Thank you very much! Im really looking forward to what is to come! ^.^

5 Likes

:00_dc_pride:Hello everyone, it’s here!! I’m SO excited and I hope you are too! We have some pretty awesome events lined up for the month, these include some great reads, and partnerships with numerous amazing clubs within the community. You can read all about it here! :00_dc_pride:

10 Likes

So I’ve started our reading selections this month by diving into The Authority, it was different than what I’m used to, but I enjoyed it. Has anyone else started the selection of books yet? Discussions will start on the 7th!

6 Likes

Hello!! There is a pretty fabulous article on DC’s first openly gay superhero. If you’re into DC, history, and representation, head on over here and read more! :00_dc_pride: :rainbow_flag:

6 Likes

I’ve already read most of these but I’ll def give them a re-read!

7 Likes

I’ve never read this, so I’m definitely going to check it out. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

We’ve started our reading discussions, you can join in on the conversation here!

6 Likes

Its FBA. Like, the bestest, most-badass team book ever.

Check this out, if you’re so inclined. It’s good.

4 Likes

The DC History Club has a thread I would love to share with everyone here. The History of DCU Pride Characters and Creators thread is pretty darned amazing. Not only can we find information on our favorite LGBTQ+ characters, but the thread also showcases creators and their contributions that have helped pave the way to the DC we have today!

I highly recommend checking this one out! :00_dc_pride:

7 Likes

Happy Birthday everyone! :partying_face: :cupcake: Wow, two years old already?! Where did the time go?

7 Likes