DC Pride Book Club: Midnighter (2015-) #6-8 🌈

DC Pride Book Club’s 8th Installment :rainbow:

MIDNIGHTER (2015-) #6-8

2019-12-22T08:00:00Z2019-12-31T08:00:00Z

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

“I’m living by example by continuing on with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.”–Portia DeRossi

DC Pride’s first installment covered Midnighter (2015-). It only seems right to ring in the New Year with some more Midnighter! I hope you’re all having a great holiday season. The holidays are a time for family, and in the case of LGBTQIA+ people, that includes our chosen family. I just want to thank @ DCPrideBookClub for playing a big part in 2019 being so great for me. Thank you for providing a welcoming place for all DC fans. Here’s to that continuing into

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

What to read: Midnighter (2015-) #6-8

0 (6)0 (7)0 (8)

Click images for links :arrow_up:

:rotating_light:Spoiler Discussion Begins Now:rotating_light:

:star2:Discussion Questions:star2:

1. What did you think of Prometheus?

2. Of the three issues, what were some of your favorite moments?

3. Did you like M leaving a present for Andrew?

4. Is there something you’re hoping to see from Midnighter coming face to face with the Task Force X?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #dc-pride to keep up to date with all club events

dc pride 3d

8 Likes

I had never read any Midnighter stuff until this post and I’m excited to check out more!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to get your thoughts on the series! Midnighter is a really interesting character, IMO.

2 Likes

Just finished issue 8. I’m a vegetarian for animal rights, so it really struck a chord with me. Mndawe is a hero I can definitely get behind. Also, it was nice getting some background on M since the only other I have read was the Midnighter and Apollo 6 issue mini-series. The more I learn, the more I like. Would love to see him brought to live action and he’d be perfect for a series on DC Universe…

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been saying! He would work so well in a DC Universe series. The 6 issue mini-series was pretty awesome. I like how that was a sequel to this series, which allowed for all of the development that happens to remain meaningful. I’m glad Mndawe had that effect!

4 Likes

So in other words, I should read the rest of this series and the mini-series will make sense…

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much :sweat_smile:

You get more backstory on Midnighter and Apollo so the mini hits harder when M is fighting to get to Apollo.

2 Likes

That’s good, because I really didn’t understand the mini-series much at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember feeling the mini-series required a lot of previous knowledge. I actually don’t remember all of the mini-series, it’s been so long since I read it.

2 Likes

I will definitely have to reread. I enjoyed what I understood, but I enjoyed these 3 issues so much more than that mini-series, so I am looking forward to getting to revisit it in the future…

2 Likes

Have you read the first 5 issues of this series? If you enjoyed these 3, I’d recommend the first 5 :grinning:

2 Likes

Not yet, I read these to join in this discussion, but will definitely be checking out more, especially the first 5…

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks for joining in and I’m glad these ones were easier to follow than the mini-series. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to join in. I work with a guy who shares some of my geekdom, but he is straight. I am very happy to join a conversation with like-minded people…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m glad this could be a place for us to enjoy and discuss LBGT+ characters. Finding someone to talk to about Batman is pretty easy, but finding people to talk about Midnighter with is a little harder.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman ain’t that easy honestly

3 Likes

True! That’s why I’m glad her live action movies are raising her profile with the general audiences. It’s why they need more animated Wonder Woman adventures.

3 Likes

Batman the Animated Series did huge things to boost Batman, a Wonder Woman animated would do the same. I don’t know why DC won’t do more with her…

2 Likes

Just finished reading issues #1-8 I started on 6, but immediately decided I couldn’t do it. I don’t like jumping in the middle of things. I am really enjoying this character, definitely have to keep reading.

2 Likes