DC Pride | Batwoman S1E1 6/10 @ 5PM PDT/8PM EDT

I had forgotten who she was narrating to! That is a good way of incorporating the narration into the story.

1 Like

That’s true. I like Kate and Bruce being similar in age.

1 Like

Though when Kevin Conroy did his cameo in Crisis, I was partly hoping that it could mean that he could become a series regular as Bruce, maybe play something silmilar to his Batman Beyond role but with Kate instead of Terry.

2 Likes

Mary, come on. There are better times for a selfie.

1 Like

That could have worked, especially since Batwoman and Batman Beyond share their color scheme.

1 Like

Especially since her Paragon name had something to do with the Future – in the UK Beyond was actually called “Batman of the Future.”

1 Like

That’s like a little baby bat-signal.

1 Like

I love Alice. I wish her wardrobe was more elaborate, but Rachel’s performance is incredible.

2 Likes

I like how they weave in the Alice quotes – I imagine trying to find unique quotes for any context would have been annoying as hell do try and do.

2 Likes

If I remember right, she was also Dinah in the Birds of Prey TV show.

2 Likes

Yup! She was also Queen Elizabeth in Reign and was awesome in that.

A red jewel, a hint at her future identity?

Also, I’m pretty sure that sensei Kate is training with is putting on that accent because that’s what the white folks that train with him expect.

1 Like

I wonder what’s going to happen with characters like Sophie, Mary, etc. with the whole Kate/Ruby exiting.

1 Like

I feel like the Crows might play some sort of role, considering who they’re reportingly using as the main villain for season 2.

1 Like

Ah, good ole’ “gotta explain everything because it’s the pilot” dialogue…

1 Like

I just don’t like the idea of replacing Kate. I would rather they just bring in a new actress for Kate than a new character. CW already has too many OC’s taking over iconic mantles.

1 Like

LOL, the exposition comes along with the territory. Pilots can be tough in that regard.

1 Like

Same here. It’s honestly kind of killed my interest in keeping up with the series, but I’ll probably give it a try.

Also, it’s interesting how they give a character who is so ingrained with her origin of having to leave the military.

1 Like

It would have been cool if they’d have given Kate a short red wig at some point just as a nod to the comics look. Like in a Halloween episode or something.

1 Like

Feburary 19th, if I remember right, is the date that Detective Comics #27 first debuted.

1 Like