DC Official Discord Server: Opening July 15th!

Hellooooooo, everybody!

I know y’all have been gearing up for our big move to Discord, so I come with good news: we have an official launch date!

Mark your calendars for … MONDAY, July 15th!

We can’t wait to see you all there! And, of course, we’ll have more info to provide on launch day — so keep your eyes peeled!

See ya then! :wave:

23 Likes

So glad you let us know the date in advance!!! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on launch day!

10 Likes

17 more days.

11 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! I can’t wait to see it!

10 Likes

You just guaranteed that you will sleep 36 hours straight and miss it.

7 Likes

Awesome video, can’t wait! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Looking forward to it!

9 Likes

14 Likes

Schway!

9 Likes

x811

6 Likes

Bye bye, DCUI

5 Likes

@staticshocks- are all of us veteran DCU/DCUI peeps still getting our OG banners on our avatars over in the new Discord? Not trying to sound arrogant here but we need to be distinguished from the newbs. We’ve earned it. :triumph: @Jitsu said this was gonna’ happen.

9 Likes

Heya!

Admittedly, I’m a little lost here — could I grab some clarification on what you mean by “OG banners on our avatars”? Banners and avatars on Discord are entirely selected and uploaded by the individual user, so we don’t have any control over that.

What I recall Jitsu mentioning was that original DC Community members making this move would get a dedicated space (channel, role) for them once it’s officially open.

4 Likes

So we’re just getting a thread then? Seems like we should be getting more acknowledgement than that. We stayed strong here during good times and bad- where’s the love?

8 Likes

I’m actually really excited about this. I don’t come on here as much as I like to, but Discord I use daily so I will be able to be there more.

Also thanks for releasing it before SDCC and not during :smiley:

9 Likes

6 Likes

Step to the Wu. :triumph:

5 Likes

Sooo, no follow up here, then? M’Kay.
BG

4 Likes

Hey DC89–yes, Static is correct. Folks who make the migration to the DC Official Discord server will get an exclusive role, and a private/hidden channel just for y’all to hang out in and chat. Of course, we wanted to recognize those who have been members of this DC Community site before the Discord launch, hence the private channel and role.

I’m not sure what you’re specifically asking for when you say “where’s the love?”, but what we want to avoid is creating a “us vs them” mentality–this community is for everyone who wants to join and engage/interact respectfully and in good faith.

1 Like

I haven’t in any way suggested or promoted an “us vs them” ideology or mentality in any way towards new users coming into the Official DCUI Discord. I’m truly hoping that this new venue will bring even more new and wonderful peeps into DCUI. However, acknowledgement for achievements is a cornerstone of the DCU/DCUI experience. That’s why so many of us have a collection of those spiffy achievements badges in our profiles. Loyalty should def count for something here and that was the only point I was endeavoring to make.

Um, I don’t know why this aspect has been brought up in your post. I like to think that over the course of my five year tenure in this space I’ve been as friendly and supportive as I can be. And I’ve loved every minute of it. I mean- y’all did grace me with this honor not too long ago-

Frankly, your implication here has hit me in the heart and I’m a little insulted by it. But anywho- thank for taking the time to respond to my post. Have a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes