DC Off The Air: A TV Guide to What's Missing (May 2019)

In many cases, the reason we don’t have a particular TV series available on DC Universe is because a prior distribution arrangement has it marked for another service. But sometimes, there’s a TV show, or a pilot, or a special that you can’t find ANYWHERE. (Not officially, at any rate.) Below, I’ve marked all of these elusive items you won’t be able to watch online. Hopefully, the heroes behind DC Universe can restore these to the viewing public soon.

(And if I’m wrong, and you DO know where to find any of these, please let me know!)

LIVE ACTION:
Human Target (1992)
Swamp Thing: The Series (1990)

ANIMATED:
The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam! (1981)

SPECIALS, SHORTS AND PILOTS:
The Adventures of Superboy (1961)
The Adventures of Superpup (1958)
Batgirl (1968)
Global Frequency (2005)
Human Target (1990)
It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane…It’s Superman (1975)
Justice League of America (1997)
Plastic Man (2006)
Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (2003)
Scalped (2017)
Who’s Afraid of Diana Prince? (1967)
Wonder Woman (2011)

There are also a number of DC Nation shorts absent from DC Universe or anywhere else, which I have yet to fully itemize. (For instance, only 10 of the 18 New Teen Titans shorts are available here.)

Here’s hoping we get some of these on here soon… Swamp Thing '90 and Shazam '81 would both be quite relevant additions!

6 Likes

When it comes to finding these, are online options the only thing you’re considering or do physical media options count too?

I am not! We’re comparing digital services, after all.

Amazon has seasons and two:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0190R9F0E/ref=atv_dp_season_select_atf

Click the season one drop down menu for season two.

That’s the 1990 Swamp Thing series BTW.

1 Like

I see! Thank you Vroom. This list will be revised next month.

1 Like

The Plastic Man animated series
The Aquaman Animated series
And a few other animated Batman and Superman series seem to be missing anywhere also.

As does Wildcats and the Ruby Spears Superman.

Unless I am missing them somewhere.

1 Like

Those may not be available streaming, but they are available for digital purchase elsewhere.

1 Like

What about Isis?

Isis is on youtube

@Mae Last I looked, the Isis TV series was available for purchase on Amazon. I saw it there a few days ago.

@DTMO WildC.A.T.S is currently streaming on the Tubi app, which is available on Roku.

1 Like

The Kid Super Power Hour was available on DVD a few years ago, but only with the Hero High characters. Long story short: Hero High was an original creation by Filmation, which continued to license Shazam for production.

Chances are you won’t see the series in full unless DC can agree to terms with whoever owns the current rights to Filmation originals.

1 Like

Didn’t know the Aquaman animated series was available as a streaming purchase, that is interesting.

1 Like

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would love it if you got the serials from the fourties and fifties. The Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel are all obvious inclusions. But I believe DC has the rights to things like Spy Smasher as well.

2 Likes

@beggly2001.58632 Spy Smasher, The Vigilante, Hop Harrigan, Congo Bill and Blackhawks all are also serials that are based on characters owned by DC Comics. Sadly, they are all owned by Columbia Pictures or Republic Pictures. So I assume DCU would have to pay licensing fees for any of them, which seems unlikely given the limited interest in them. But it would be cool to have more of the serials on here.

1 Like

@DTMO Buy Aquaman when you can. It’s one of Filmation’s best!

1 Like