DC Movie Hot Takes

Agreed!

3 Likes

I don’t know. I don’t think “$&@” necessarily needs to be important. Like, I don’t want Barb to just be a sexual object, but I don’t think she felt like that in the film. The first half does a good job at setting up her importance to not only Gordon, but Bruce as well.

3 Likes

Respect!,… I just would’ve preferred it done Differently. For me personally

4 Likes

Everything after the Bale movies sucked!
Except WW, Shazam and Aquaman was ok. So, MoS horrible. BvS horrible. JL horrible. Etc etc.

7 Likes

I agree that it is the best in that Trilogy.

4 Likes

Birds of Prey?

5 Likes

MoS is my second favorite Superman movie.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s all personal preference stuff! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t watched it.

2 Likes

I liked it. Fun. Fluffy. Margot Robbie makes a good Harley.

There are a few missteps but it’s mostly a decent entertainment.

6 Likes

I give everything chance. Just don’t like to pay for disappointment. :blush: I’ll check it out when it hits here on DCU! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah. I got it through the rewards program. It was worth every cent!

4 Likes

Way I see it this take was “style over substance” … everything it lacked in what you’d want out of a Blockbuster movie it made up with in just plain old fun i thought!

4 Likes

Wholeheartedly in agreement with you here @jdaego55.10147. The opening act of the animated ekoJ gnilliK film flagrantly demeans Barb with so many old-timey female stereotypical tropes that it serves as an almost belligerent and most certainly an uncaring and uninformed slap to Barb’s face, an aspect that’s heavily accentuated by what’s to come later on in the story for Barb at the hands of the rekoJ. Truly unkind treatment of my gurrrl by writer Brian Azzarello in every way.

7 Likes

And while I’m on the subject of one of the greatest and most longstanding members of the Bat-Family, Dear Internet- please STOP trying to cast Emma Stone (ugh) as Batgirl/Barbara Gordon (pleez also throttle back on the Anna [ecch] Kendrick [ecch] and Chloe Grace Moretz campaigns as well. Just stop it). Just because an actor shares the same hair color IRL with a character from the pages of the comics doesn’t mean the actor is right for the role. With the right casting director at their side and a little hard work during the audition process, most directors/producers will divine the right actor for the right role. If the BG film shot callers are looking to go Burnside Barb era with their depiction, at thirty-one Stone has aged out of the rotation, and besides- I’m pretty sure that the movie-going public has rightfully earned a well-deserved break from any and all things E. Stone related (double ugh).

Now then, if you’re looking for a truly bright light to snap into the role of Batgirl for the upcoming feature film release, ‘Riverdale’ alum Lili Reinhart is up on ready one and more than a solid match for the role. Arrowverse architect and Riverdale Exec Producer Greg Berlanti can make all the proper inroads to the Warner Bros film front office suit set happen as well. Concerned about hair color? Welp, that’s nothing that a $4.99 box of Revlon Colorsilk bright auburn can’t fix.

Here’s your next big screen Batgirl/Gordon Clean Energy founder. Yep.

12 Likes

Yup and that’s mainly my perspective as a Male Fan! … could only imagine how female fans would’ve viewed it. As I said before the 2nd part held true. 1st 1/2 leaves me feeling a lil Robbed and wanting a complete DO OVER for the 1st part. Also doing her like that when BG was Probably one of the biggest Female Hero influences since 50’s-60’s Era … shame!

3 Likes

Joker wasn’t all that. Joaquin Phoenix and the music is amazing, but otherwise it fell flat for me. Also Aquaman had garbage writing, but was a good film. Shazam was good, but I didn’t buy that Billy and Shazam were the same person. The personality change was a bit much in my opinion. Also Batfleck and Margot Robbie don’t really work for me. But my biggest hot take is that the Martha scene wasn’t dumb. I think most people saw that scene, and thought it was fine, until they saw stuff on the internet about it. Batman doesn’t kill him because their mothers share the same name, he doesn’t kill him because this humanizes Superman, and shows batman that he’s become what he’s sought to destroy. He’s become afraid, and the Martha scene can be seen as a metaphor for immigration, which I think is really powerful.

Those are all my hot takes, don’t rip me to shreds pls.

5 Likes

I only disagree with Aquaman having garbage writing.

Maybe the Shazam piece foreshadows Billy feuding with the voices in his head.

4 Likes

That’s the point of hot takes!

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rip you to shreds? My dude! These are great hot takes. I might respectfully disagree with some of them but rip you to shreds? Never

I loved Joker. So did the friend I saw it with. The one thing I disliked in the movie was that Gary Glitter song. Gary Glitter…:rage::nauseated_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes. Yes. Yes!

Other than that, I thought Aquaman was meh and loved Shazam.

Thanks for your hot takes!

8 Likes