Here are the questions.
Favorite character
Least favorite character
Favorite quote
Favorite scene
What did you think about the artwork
Tuesday March 31 2020 9:13pm

2 Likes

Favorite Character - Mera. I love the backstory for her, her voice, and especially the way she was drawn. The art is a real standout for me, even if I think DC overused the “only two or three colors” style for this line.

Least favorite character - the mean girls. They’re very shallowly written, and frustratingly limp as a threat given the assassination subplot.

Favorite scene - when Mera is falling in love with Arthur - that whole sequence is nicely handled.

As I mentioned before, I think the art is the real standout. Some have criticized the way it blends Atlantean in the comics with current teen fashion, but I thought it was whimsical but also very pretty. And even though the coloring style was overused in this line, I think for an ocean and ocean-adjacent world of this story, it works well. I would love to see a followup novel to this one showing what Mera and Arthur do next.

2 Likes

When’s the next book?

1 Like
  • Catwoman under the moon
  • Batman overdrive

0 voters

Sunday April 12 2020
4:11pm
Catwoman under the moon won.
@AnonymousHQ @Mae @millernumber1 @D4RK5TARZ @Thebatman.7002
10:30am Monday April 13 2020

1 Like
  • Batman Overdrive
  • Batman Nightwalker
  • Catwoman Soulstealer

0 voters

@millernumber1 @Mae @AnonymousHQ @Thebatman.7002 @D4RK5TARZ @SuperBlueGrodd
2:27pm 5/16/2020
4:39pm

1 Like

Catwoman Soulstealer is the winner.

1. What do you think of Selina and Maggie’s relationship?
  2. What do you think of the flashbacks?
  3. Do you like this version of Catwoman’s origin?
  4. What do you think of the friendship between Selina, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy?
  5. I can’t think of any more questions, add your own.
    @BehemothsFerretsDogsCousinHQ @millernumber1 @Mae @Thebatman.7002ofNML @D4RK5TARZ
    If you want me to stop @ing you, please let me know.
    8:49am 5/19/2020
2 Likes

I thought Maggie was a bit underdeveloped, but not bad. I liked Selina’s motivation, though I think it might have been nice to have Maggie herself have a bit of a plotline where she drives her own story.

The flashbacks were cool - I don’t think of this as the “main” Catwoman, but it’s a very fun AU. I particularly liked Luke Fox - I know a lot of people were upset about the Luke/Selina shipping, but I think it’s really enjoyable. The Fox family have always been interesting to me, and I like seeing them developed through Luke’s perspective, even though he is kind of a new and struggling superhero in this version.

Selina being a League-trained vigilante is fun, though as I said, it’s a very different Selina that the one from most comics - but so was Michelle Pfeiffer’s, and people really enjoy her version.

I think the Gotham City Sirens were fun, though it wasn’t as fun to me as the Batwing stuff.

I’m curious - do you think there’s room for sequels in this universe? What do you think Batman’s relationship with this version of Catwoman would be - in my mind, this Catwoman is a lot younger than this Batman, so it’d be sort of like Catwoman’s relationship with Flashpoint Thomas Batman.

2 Likes

I hope there’s room for sequels in this book universe.

Hmmm, an ally?

9:21pm 9/17/2020