DC Hot Takes!

I thought the Steel movie was pretty good.
Was it a little campy? Yes. Did it have a good story and cool gadgets? Yes. I loved it.

2 Likes

The good flippers are few and far between. Ideally people should bring, at most, three comics for someone to sign. And conventions and creators should charge for maybe two or three additional signatures at most. I’ve seen creators charge extra and put the money towards the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund or Hero Initiative. If people want to be greedy and make a quick buck then they’re going to have to pay for it while also giving to a good cause. Turn their greed against them. Sadly flipper culture and CGC grading isn’t going away, but they also shouldn’t have it so easy.

And don’t even get me started on fake fans. Now, if it’s someone who came into the hobby because of a movie and TV show, that’s great! They got exposed to something that spoke to them and they want to know more about it. Bring it on! But people who say they’ve always been a nerd and then get the wrong information but wield it like it’s clout…that’s what I have a problem with.

2 Likes

Not a fan of the original 7 as a team - Bruce, Clark, Diana, Hal, Barry, J’onn, and Arthur. I understand their history, but I’m not clamoring for another Justlice League book featuring the majority of them on the team.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind the Post-Crisis retcon with Black Canary being a founding member. While it came much later, I really liked Waid’s JLA: Year One. It showed how that could work and was a fantastic story. It’s been overshadowed and forgotten because of The New Frontier (another excellent book), but I still go back to it every now and then to see that version of the team.

1 Like

Bullets are easy to dodge.

3 Likes

Time to have some fun.

Superman is not only out of the S tier of superheroes (the list is myself, Spidey, and TMNT), and he is not going back to it.

In spite of all their mishaps Warner Bros has been great to DC.

With Paramount on the verge of being sold piece by piece DC’s main focus right now should be on grabbing the rights to the TMNT IP.

I am the only thing keeping the lights on at DC. That is why they are never going to give somebody else the mantle. Too risky. It is much more likely they replace Clark or Diana.

The above statement is more of an unpopular fact than a hot take.

As bad as it could be I would always take a DCEU over the MCU’s 150ish minute commercials disguised as movies for more 150ish minute commercials disguised as movies.

Quit calling it “DC Comics.” It is “DC” or “Detective Comics.”

Quit promoting DC by calling whomever “DC’s Peter Parker/Miles Morales.” That is translated as “poor man’s Spider-Man so watch Spider-Man instead.”

The Golden Age of Superhero box office is over, thus get those budgets in check. With today’s technology a Superman movie can be made for 100M or less.

4 Likes

TMNT is great

4 Likes

people who say batman’s no killing rule is juvenile and doesn’t make sense, don’t understand allegory or symbolism.
batman is a plot device not an 80yo martial arts billionaire with a secret identity.

4 Likes

I am a lot of things.

5 Likes

No I mean thats what the board is for I just don’t think its a good idea to group people like that they got the wish granted in the voice actor jobs now thing is they can’t get other jobs they don’t fit the background of less jobs for everyone.
I would rather have the best no matter who or what they are.

3 Likes

Yeah!

4 Likes

Except for Doctor Fate

4 Likes

Yeah, but that’s only if Batman is the Flash or Superman. :grin:

1 Like

Re-establish the Atlantean Monarchy, getting rid of it was dumb. The only thing that has changed is that I feel the need to remind everyone that I’m not a King in every appearance I make.

Stop calling Jackson Aquaman #2. For starters, two heroes simultaneously having the same name is dumb. Secondly, Jackson has not been Aqualad nearly long enough to take up that mantle. If you want him to grow up out of the Aqualad name, that’s fine. Find a different name. If anyone deserves to be the next Aquaman, it would be Garth.

4 Likes

I think getting rid of the monarchy was a good idea, and a great resolution to years of story build-up. The only problem is that no one has really had a good idea of what to do with Arthur since then.

6 Likes

Ok, I’m probably going to get a lot of heat for this, for roasting this hèro…The weakest hero in my opinion is The Flash, think about it, what’s so great about this guy? All he does is run around in a red suit!
I have to admit he got some coolest villain like Captain Cold, he’s always get tricked by the Trickster who happened to be the trickest villain he ever face!
Maybe the Flash need a good look in a mirror, ok reverse that, Mirror Master and Reverse Flash could easily set a good trap for him.
With his Super speed he can time travel, which means we have him to blame for ruining DC Comics by starting 52 era!
Maybe he should’ve study Back to the future movie!
In the end I have to say that the Flash is a hottest hero who never seem to get so hot and worn out in the suit, so Superman Is faster then the Flash, since he’s faster then a speeding bullet! :grin:

And that’s my fun roast on The Flash, I really do love the character and his sense of humor in Justice League Animated Series.

:flash_hv_1:

5 Likes

We were supposed to have a Dawn of DC Aquaman title, but it was cancelled before they even announced it.

4 Likes