DC Horror Presents: Sgt. Rock Vs. The Army Of The Dead

In September, Bruce Campbell and Eduardo Risso will pit Sgt. Rock and Easy Company against Nazi Zombies:

DC’s Sgt. Rock Takes On the Evil Dead in Bruce Campbell-Written Series (msn.com)

5 Likes

Paging @msgtv! Have you heard about this one?

Anyhow…

I love Sgt. Rock and I absolutely love Bruce Campbell.

Smooshing the two together is a great idea, and I am all-in for this!

Its been far too long since Campbell’s last writing gig, so I can’t wait for him to make his DC mark via a character that’s absolutely deserving of more time in the spotlight.

Also, it’d be great to get classic Sgt. Rock stuff in digital to tie into this series throughout its initial release (and beyond, of course).

3 Likes

I did see this announcement, think it’s a perfect use of Rock and Army of the Dead

3 Likes

And Army of Darkness. :wink:

3 Likes

I believe DC already did this with the Light Brigade mini although it was original characters.

4 Likes

Yes.

I would love to see them add lots of Classic Sgt. Rock to DCUI. I know that the old war/western/ horror books are probably too niche at this point to get a mass release but I’d love to see anything.

I picked this up not too long ago:

I just haven’t been able to find the room in my budget to start grabbing the SGt. Rock Archives.

4 Likes

Them too

2 Likes

The Army of Darkness is indeed the best army of the undead that ever was undead and assembled into an army under the cover of evening darkness, mmhmm.

If this series has a beat-up Olds cameo somewhere in its pages, I will be thrilled. :nerd_face:

They did a cool trailer for the series:

4 Likes

Bruce Campbell + DC= SOLD!

Can’t wait for this one.

2 Likes

We Need More Sgt. Rock Stories!
Sounds Like A Great Comic!!!
Sgt. Rock Vs. Zombie Nazis!

Bruce Campbell Was Great On Xena and Hercules!
Bruce Campbell Is A Great Actor and Writer!
Should Be Made In Too an Animated Movie It’s So Good!

P.S. D.C. Should Make A Live Action Sgt. Rock Movie!