DC History Club

@tuxnut You’re added

1 Like

Had to join this one​:grin: I’m working ALOT but I’ll participate as much as possible.

1 Like

Don’t worry our normal schedule will be monthly, so hopefully it can fit in your schedule

2 Likes

Where can we find the monthly schedule?

Working on it

2 Likes

I’m a fan of history, I’m looking forward to learning new things about DC comics. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78 if you’re just starting up, look for the November thread on O’Neil’s 70s Batman. We’re in the research part with discussion starting the 15th

1 Like

How does one find this thread?

@VigilanteReviews if your talking about this here thread, it’s under Community Events All (tap the top Community Events line itself on the community homepage) if you’re talking about the discussion page, that starts at mid-month to give everyone a chance to do a little digging and reading on their own first

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! Looking forward to the discussion.

1 Like

I love history and I love everything DC so the 2 mixed together is even better

1 Like

This club is so cool, because there are (at least) two dimensions of DC Comics History that are FASCINATING to explore - and each complex enough to explore through lots of interesting topics…

“In-DCU” history - that of continuity (Captivated by the question of "What is the experience of those who inhabit the current DCU? - what do they remember? How does their perception of history in their world(s) compare to OUR world, and our understanding?..areas lke that…

also,

DC Comics and OUR REAL :wink: History… endlessly interesting how the continuous thread of DC Comics from 1938 (and really before) to today weaves in and out with what was happening around the world…! The back and forth between what was happening and what was in the comics - and vice versa - so many great conversation topics!

3 Likes

I just joined up, because this has to be the best name for a club ever.
I mean, how can you pass up on DC history being a subscriber to this App/Site.

1 Like

You’re just in time too. Go to the community page and check our our discussion of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and minutes from now, I’m going up with a whole series of poll questions. Welcome @DCMaster52

1 Like

So much I have to learn about! Looks like this will be a great place to start.

@StevieStirfry well you can start right now by checking out this month’s topic Crisis on Infinite Earths. We have a general discussion thread and a round of what we can Vote and Defend going on now under the Community Activities page. Hope to see you there.

1 Like

@msgtv

When discussing the club at the beginning I suggest also providing links to the Vote and Defend topics.

Maybe add at least the current Vote and Defend because it was s message not a topic I think. New members won’t receive this message unless you send it to.them.

I understand not including Vote and Defend hete

Old polls are closed
You only want membets to vote but that should include new members who were not members when message was issued.

Many more members participate in the Vote and Defend than in.the actual.topics selected.

Vote and Defends shows us as a very active club with a large engagement of members

The topics you linked to usually involve far fewer members especially the Silver Age Flash topic.

@TurokSonOfStone1950 thanks, think your right on all fronts here and will add the polls. Starting this month, the Vote and Defend will be added to the main topic thread at the top. Also, I’m not going to have any of those polls close in the future so if someone joins later, they can still vote.

1 Like

Since I’ve chimed in on a few of the threads,!i figure I might as well become an official member.

2 Likes

Awesome, I’m intrigued about what your club is going to put forward

3 Likes