DC History Club: Primate Peril Cover Madness Tournament

gorilla gif
Sitting around the DC History Hall of Science, we asked ourselves “Selves, what does the DCUI need now?” Unsurprisingly, we answered ourselves, “What it needs is another tournament!” At that point we stopped listening to anyone and built this Primate Peril Cover Madness Tournament of Champions.
Choose your favorite gorilla cover from each Regional. Next week, we’ll have a championship round and crown the 'Primate Peril Cover Madness Tournament Champion, 2021!"
Round 1 open until Midnight Sunday, 26 April, 2021

And if you haven’t had the chance, check out the discussion of primates in DC Comics. A serious :face_with_monocle: historical examination :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes
  1. The Kookie Super-Ape Regional, choose 1 cover.
  • kookie
  • gorilla ranger
  • gleek
  • karmak
  • sa trial

0 voters

4 Likes
  1. The Detective Chimp Regional, choose 1 cover
4 Likes

The Gorilla Grodd Regional, choose 1 cover.

4 Likes

The Mallah Regional, choose 1 cover.

• DP Mallah
  • weird war gorillas
  • Hawkman wing go go gorilla
  • Jimmy O gorilla reporter

0 voters

4 Likes

The Titano Regional, choose 1 cover.

4 Likes

It may be called the Kookie Regional but that mean little Gleek is running away with the vote early

2 Likes

I am personally offended. :frowning:

2 Likes

Gleek is offensive

1 Like

that’s just how the KOOKIE CRUMBLES!!

5 Likes

3 Likes

That was a tricky poll, so many great covers! Sorry @KookieSuperApe, I had to go with Gleek, never seen him so vicious. And, you can’t pass up Ape witches and Gorilla soldiers, especially the Nazi ones, how ridiculously hilarious all those covers are!

4 Likes

My absolute favorite thing on all these covers is how two of the apes in the Primate Platoon have actual machine guns and then the one is just waving around a club. :laughing:

4 Likes

I was originally going to vote for Ape Witch, just on name alone.

2 Likes

I never noticed that! That is some deep art appreciation analysis. And as we learned in art appreciation, everything is a triangle and there it is in this cover.

2 Likes

5 Likes

In the Detective Chimp Regional Super Friends Go Ape is running away with it, only Gorilla Witch is putting up any fight

2 Likes

In the Gorilla Grodd Regional, the Silver Age (or late Bronze, or Peleozoic or something) reigns supreme with Superman getting hammered.

Was Hawkman #6 on probation?

Strange Adventures has a gold mine of gorilla stories.

Also, I must protest the complete lack of Congorilla.

1 Like

Bring some Congorilla, it’s a bring your own gorilla kind of event.