DC History Club & Harley's Crew: The Story Behind Batman Returns, plus polls & quiz

Yay! :smiley:

6 Likes

Cool I got 11 out of 12

7 Likes
7 Likes

My favorite question from the quiz came during the WAL as everyone loved Pfieffer’s line about Ricky “He’s dead now.”

8 Likes

Got 10 of 12 not bad

6 Likes

:clark_hv_4: Hey Batman, how did I do?

Batman proceeds to look over ajm08g’s responses and then reacts…

:sweat_smile: I guess we should have done the following again pal.

Now to head back to the Fortress of Solitude in shame… :pensive:

8 Likes

11/12

Not bad for my least favorite Batman film.

I haven’t watched it in at least ten years.

My other favorite Michael Keaton film is Spider-Man Homecoming. :grinning: I like Gung Ho too.

8 Likes

I think the flaws in the film are more evident now - it really is a Frankenstein compilation of script contributions. But it was certainly original and dark for a major release at that time.

Why have Shrek’s son in there? For that matter, why are Penguin and Catwoman not sufficient as the villains - why do we need Shrek? Is it to portray the DeVito as more naive in comparison? Why is Bruce now looking considerably older? Why is Batman so sidelined? We don’t see much of Commissioner Gordon because Batman is now serving in that role of reacting to what the major characters do. Is the army of Penguins supposed to worry us? Why is the Penguin employing freakish clowns instead of the Joker? Is Catwoman super-human? If so, why is her only power staying alive? What the hell was that rooftop fight scene, with the layout changing every other shot to accomodate which direction Batman or Catwoman happened to be falling in?

Also, Burton’s tendancy to scream “I hate all of you” at the audience is once again on full display.

Still, some great scenes interspersed throughout, great cinematogrophy, and a director given the freedom to tell his story the way he wanted. So it was completely by committee in one sense and not at all by committe in another

6 Likes

:00_batman_1986: :00_batman_1986:

6 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Oooh, thanks @TurokSonOfStone1950! :grinning:

I’m going to leave this here…for reasons :laughing:

7 Likes