DC History Club: Godzilla vs King Kong Watch-Along! Friday 4/23 @ 9pmET/6pm PT

They’re Titans, they Fight, there’s random emotions! No, it’s not DC’s Titans, it’s Godzilla vs King Kong aka Godzilla v Kong: Dawn of Justice. Join the DC History Club as we provide zero research or historical information during the limited run of G v KK on HBOMax. Who are we kidding, we couldn’t stop @TurokSonOfStone1950 from dropping knowledge if we tried.

PLEASE NOTE: This movie is playing exclusively on HBOMax. I know it seems self-evident, but just in case, you’ll need HBOMax to watch.

7 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

Wish I could join you guys, but don’t have HBO Max anymore, have a great time watching, hope it’s a good movie! :t_rex::cold_sweat::gorilla:

4 Likes

King Kong was my favorite movie as a kid, except for Godzilla with Ramond Burr who was inserted in the movie for the American audience and as such never appears with the Japanese actors

Fay Wray was never the greatest actress but you really get a feel for the Great Depression, as she steals an apple just to eat. And as a Good Girl appears both convincingly suspicious and desperate when she is offered a movie role. And she knows how to scream.

Sorry
Couldn’t help myself

5 Likes

I love King Kong and the original Godzilla movies, including the original Kong v Godzilla. I’ve watched the new film already…meh, but the effects are great and the fight is cool. I’d gladly rewatch it with the group, cause that would be so much fun, but unfortunately, I have family coming to visit that weekend. I know you all will have a blast though!

5 Likes

We’ll make monkey noises for you

4 Likes

Well there you go, back to the History Hall basement! Now, I’ve got to watch the original King Kong again to see the apple stealing scene.

4 Likes

It is early on

About 11 minutes 40 seconds in

4 Likes

I have not watched it in it’s entirety in decades. Just caught sections on TCM. I’ve got a movie gap right now anyway. I watched the original, Japanese cut, of Godzilla couple of weeks ago. Really held up well, and you were very aware watching that this is 10 years after the war.

4 Likes

i assume as we are talking about the dangers of primates in dc history club this month we’re hoping godzilla comes out on top?

3 Likes

We just want them to get along

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wait: we can have watch-alongs for any random movie on HBO Max? Dibs on The Graduate! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yeah, yeah, I know it ties into your ape talk this month.)

4 Likes

A monthly classics movie WAL in the lounge would be cool.

3 Likes

Watched the original King Kong again. Fay Wray is an absolute doll. When they just let her personality show she’s great. Nonstop screaming and fainting less interesting. The whole casts acting is over the top. But, everyone is there for Kong, and he’s still interesting. It’s 45 minutes in before the big guy shows up, but then it’s action all the way.

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this maybe now I’ll finally watch it

4 Likes

I was entertained, so I think its fun

4 Likes

Curious-George

Watch the big fight on Friday

3 Likes

Big fight WAL Friday

1 Like

Don’t cry Weeping Gorilla, you can always join the WAL tomorrow

2 Likes