DC History Club & Friends Holiday Quiz

DC Christmas

Another Holiday Season, another excuse for the DC History Club to gather our friends around the old Yule log, sip egg nog and quiz everyone over their knowledge of the history of DC Holiday issues, episodes and toys. And, to help us we’ve invited some of our friends from clubs across the DCUI to add their expertise to the fun. And, when your done here, stop by your DCUI club of choice and dive in for more of the greatest fictional universe in history.

Special thanks to the Birds of Prey Club, Legion Fan Club, Harley’s Crew, World of Bats, the Justice League Book Club, the JSA Book Club and the Smallville Fan Club for playing along.

24 Likes

JSA Book Club

1. This image from 2011’s JSA #54 was based on the Norman Rockwell painting Freedom from Want first published in what magazine in 1943?
  • Time
  • Life
  • The Saturday Evening Post
  • The Daily Planet

0 voters

DC History Club
2. In Justice League Animated Series’ episode Comfort and Joy (season 2, episode 23, 2003), the Justice League returns to earth in time to celebrate Christmas Eve. Which Justice League member plays Santa for a group of orphans?

• Superman
  • Flash
  • Martian Manhunter
  • John Stewart

0 voters

846-08030416en_Masterfile

DC History Club
3. In 1940, if you ripped open the wrapping paper on your present to find DC’s first board game, what would name of that game be?

• The Adventures of Superman
  • The Batman Case Studies
  • Wonder Woman’s Sensational Girl’s Game
  • The Daily Planet Board Game

0 voters

Legion Fan Club
4. In DC Special #21, Superboy takes the Legion of Superheroes on a search for what on Christmas?

• Santa’s Workshop
  • The star of Bethlehem
  • The true meaning of Christmas
  • The last mistletoe in the galaxy

0 voters

lois-and-clark-the-new-adventures-of-superman-seasons-greedings-219792

DC History Club
5. The first Christmas episode of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, guest starred Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford, stars of the sitcom The Jeffersons. What was the name of the episode?

• Moving on Up
  • Mistletoe and Folly
  • Schott’s Toy Shop
  • Season’s Greedings

0 voters

Justice League Book Club
6. Which Green Lantern briefly appeared in an episode of Justice League Unlimited, and had a JLU action figure that was only released as a giveaway at a Mattel Christmas party in 2004?

• Hal Jordan
  • Kilowog
  • Guy Gardner
  • Tomar-Re

0 voters

Smallville Fan Club
7. In a It’s a Wonderful Life inspired episode in season 2, Lex found himself with a son and receiving an humanitarian award for helping the homeless. What was the title of that episode?

• Holly, Jolly, Lexmas
  • It’s a Wonderful Lex
  • Lexmas
  • An Earth 3 Christmas

0 voters

World of Bats
8. In the backup story in Batman #219 by Mike Friedich and Neal Adams, crime in Gotham takes a Christmas holiday allowing Batman to enjoy the day. Batman sings carols with members of the GCPD, which one of the below was included in the impromptu concert? (There are two possible correct answers)

• We Three Kings
  • Joy to the World
  • Silent Night
  • Deck the Halls

0 voters

494547bc98b8063cb8244791f5c654cf

Harley’s Crew
9. In Harley Quinn #55, Harley finally chooses to celebrate the holiday with her brothers by doing what?

• Declaring a food fight
  • A dance off
  • Starting a Christmas tree on fire

0 voters

new-batman-adventures-season-1-1-holiday-knights-bruce-wayne-poison-ivy-harley-quinn-review-episode-guide-list

History Club
10. According to the premier episode of The New Batman Adventures, titled Holiday Knights, what New Year’s Eve tradition do Jim Gordon and Batman share?

• Sharing a cup of coffee at a tavern
  • Patrolling the Narrows on foot together
  • Sharing a cup of hot chocolate on the roof of GCPD
  • Clubbing 'till dawn

0 voters

Birds of Prey
11. Bonus Question. In the Christmas themed one-shot, Batgirl Adventures #1, Harley summons Batgirl to help free a captive Poison Ivy from Black Mask. T or F

• True
  • False

0 voters

Answer Key

1. Saturday Evening Post
  2. Flash
  3. The Adventures of Superman
  4. The star of Bethlehem
  5. Season’s Greetings
  6. Hal Jordan
  7. Lexmas
  8. We Three Kings and Silent Night are correct, additional songs were Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Jingle Bells
  9. Declaring a food fight
  10. Sharing a cup of coffee
    Bonus False

Scorecard. Check your answers and see where you rank.
1-3 Santa henchman
4-6 Smallville Christmas Pageant master of ceremonies
7-9 A spot at the JSA’s Thanksgiving kid’s table
10+ Congrats, you’re the grand marshal of the Gotham City Holiday Parade

26 Likes

Research Wiki
Got a link to add to the research wiki? Click the pencil to the right and add.

Check out the DC History Club’s deep dive into more than 75 years of toys, games and collectibles.
DC History Club: Games Toys and Collectibles

[DC Special Series #21]
(DC Special Series #21)

Batman #219

Batgirl Adventures #1

16 Likes

Need to sharpen up on my holiday knowledge :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
But at least I’m a smallville pageant master of ceremonies

15 Likes

i got 3…

oops

13 Likes

I only got 1, but I have read none of these comics.

12 Likes

There are four correct answers to this question, two of which are on the list …?

13 Likes

I would have intentionally missed a few if I knew that getting 7-9 would allow me to sit at the JSA Thanksgiving kid’s table.

13 Likes

Being one of Santa’s Henchman actually sounds kind of exciting. Looking forward to it!

13 Likes

Okay, post the corrects here, blurred out, I’ll adjust the question and answer key. It wouldn’t be a History Club quiz without me being corrected at least once.

10 Likes

Especially considering the danger of being a parade marshal in Gotham City.

11 Likes

I got them, thanks for the correction

10 Likes

@Alec.Holland @scoop001 @NYJt3 and @vct2041 add one correct to your score thanks to a correction needed noted by @keath, your answer was also correct

12 Likes

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to respond earlier.

10 Likes

If anyone wants the spoilers:

Carol the First

batman219a
batman219b

Carol the Second
Carol the Third

batman219d

Carol the Fourth

batman219e

15 Likes

in that case, i got 4!! Yay! Alright onto the next episode of smallville! see you all later!

8 Likes

Nice add

11 Likes

Oh nice 5.:tada:

10 Likes

Nice. I also got 5. :clark_hv_4:

Now to ponder why Ma and Pa continue to insist on wrapping my presents in lead lined boxes once again this year… :thinking: :gift: :eyes: :superman_hv_4:

11 Likes

I got 8. Had a few lucky guesses and happened to have seen/read some of these.

10 Likes