DC History Club: DC Comics Toys, Games and Collectibles Through The Years - w/ quiz

DC vs Marvel, they have that too with this mini pieces game set for around $50

Unfortunately for me, the box is the coolest thing about this set.

3 Likes

If you want Stats on
Any DC Character
And many Marvel Characters
For Mayfair
DC Superheroes RPG

Here is a database

3 Likes

This is very cool. Went in clicked Bethany Snow Channel 52 anchor. Any database with her is very complete and I had no idea she was a member of Brother Bloods cult.

3 Likes

The Batman Game 1966

pic327237

Based on the television show, this is the box description
During the game, a player moves his Pedestrian on the outside path until he reaches a corner space with a Batmobile. He then immediately operates the Batmobile out of the corner space along either path of circles. On his next turn, the player moves his rented Batmobile over the squares of the grid, trying to capture Villains. If the Batmobile goes off the grid (6x6 squares), it jumps to the nearest corner space and the player’s turn ends. On his next turn, he moves the Pedestrian again toward another corner with a Batmobile, and another try at capturing more Villains, faster than his opponents.

The object of the game is to be the first player to capture six (6) different Villains

3 Likes

Wonder Woman Game 1978

The Wonder Woman Game from 1978, looks a little more complex and playable.

From the Box: “Be the first to capture your assigned spy and link up with the orbiting Justice League Satellite!”
According to more from Board Game Geek, every player is a Wonder Woman and when two Wonder Women land on the same space, they fight.
:wonderwoman:

5 Likes

Wonder Woman Justice League of America Game 1967
An even earlier Wonder Woman game puts her at the center of the JLA with a simple spin and move game. The art looks like it’s from an even earlier time.

5 Likes

These beauties have been at my LCS for the last month or 2. The ones still in the box are to rich for my blood but I might grab me a couple of the loose ones for a x-mas present to myself.

20200930_161819

20200930_161845

20200930_161852

20200930_161858

20200930_161909

20200930_161913

"The Super Powers Collection was a line of action figures based on DC Comics superheroes and supervillains that was created by Kenner Products in the 1980s.

In 1984, DC Comics awarded the master toy license of their characters to Kenner Products, hot on the heels of Mattel’s “action feature” heavy He-Man toy line. The initial pitch seemed to be heavily influenced by Kenner’s popular Star Wars toyline with multiple playsets with individual franchises for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, Lois Lane, and the Super Jrs.

Winning the license away from Mego Corporation and Mattel with their emphasis on action and art, Kenner devised hidden mechanisms within the figures that would trigger an action when the figure’s legs or arms were squeezed. This emphasis on each figure’s “super power” led to the naming of the line - The Super Powers Collection. Each figure in the first two series were also packaged with a mini-comic featuring that character’s adventures."

Work Cited:
http://toyworth.com/browse/action/figure/Super/Powers/43.html

5 Likes

I love that commercial. Back in the 70s early 80# kids in commercials always had pristine outdoor settings to play in. And, man do they play up he superpower aspect of the figures
Out of the figures I see there. You have to love Plastic Man with the neck, of course Superman, the Robin is nice. If I bought one loose one for my Christmas it would be tough between Flash and Green Lantern

3 Likes

Yeah old commercials are great to go back and have a laugh. Sorry for jumping the gun, I see now that the action figures wasn’t suppose to start till week 2. Yeah the Plastic Man is great! The only ones I had as a kid were Robin, his right are could do a karate chop thing which was activated by a little square button on his back. Also had Batman and the Joker. I wanna say the joker could shoot water from his flower lapel. I might get Flash GL and Aquaman. I really would like to have the 7 JL members. That superman in the pic is priced at $220 :astonished: I’ve found a few online around the 180 range but really I don’t want them to remain unopened which is great because the loose ones are WAY cheaper.

2 Likes

The schedule is just what I’m pushing that week, as always the conversation goes wherever it goes.
On the open or leave in box, I know they are far more valuable in box, but I want to take em out anyway so I’d buy loose.

3 Likes

A relatively new type of game system is the deck building genre.
Cryptozoic produces deck-building games including numerous expansion packs. A major draw for the games is the artwork used for the cards.

pic1355432

And just because deck-building hasn’t been around since the '70s, doesn’t mean you can’t go back in time with these games.

4 Likes

Folks beware…those deck building games can be addictive and can put a Harvey size Dent in you pocket w/ those expansion packs LOL!

3 Likes

I’ve got people in my house who will play Pokemon, Yugio, and whatever that witchcraft card game is, if I could convince either to play this I’d be all in.

2 Likes

Oh gosh where to start LOL.

One of the Superman capes worn by Christopher Reeve in any of his 4 Supes movies. Why? b/c Reeve’s Superman is why I became a DC fan. He will always be mt Superman and I would just love to have the Big S’s cape from his Superman.

If they even still exist, One of the poles that would be just off camera that George Reeves requested to use so he could swing on to mimic landing/coming threw window because he didn’t think using a wire looked real.
Why? b/c to me it represents the passion and dedication to strive for perfection in what you do.

A commissioned piece of art by Alex Roxx, Gary Frank, & Frank Quitely of Superman.
Why? b/c these three artist rendition of the character that I love are my favorite and the stories that include them are my favorite ones of Superman.

Mark Wade’s custom Silver Age Phantom Zone Projector which he showed in an interview with DC Daily.
Why? b/c I just think it’s awesome, plus it’s one of a kind.

Action Comics Superman contest prize ring (1943)
Why? It’s rareity, plus it just looks badass!

Superman’s first pin from 1939
Why? Just for it’s rareity.
Memorabilia:Comic-Related, Vintage Superman Pinback (DC Comics, 1939). This is the first time that we have seen this particular pinback! A rare Superma...
Memorabilia:Comic-Related, Vintage Superman Pinback (DC Comics, 1939). This is the first time that we have seen this particular pinback! A rare Superma...

Superman Crusader Ring (DC, 1946-47). This silvered brass ring, offered on the “Amazing Adventures of Superman” radio show, for 15 episodes in 1946, is size-adjustable and features a bust image of the “Man of Steel”. It says “Superman Crusader” on the shank of the ring.
Why? Rareity
Memorabilia:Superhero, Superman Crusader Ring (DC, 1946-47)....

4 Likes

That is a darn fine list, I’ll be listing mine tomorrow and I reserve the right to update. Of the board games I’ll go with The Adventures of Superman, the first one. Compared to some others, it has an interesting board, the large Sumerman on the interior and a great box cover.

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

@msgtvhohoho

Solo game

3 Likes

It’s cool that you can do it solo, but it does take some of the fun out of it. Still really intrigued by the decks.

3 Likes

Love this! Especially the box art.

3 Likes