DC History Club: Crisis On Infinite Earths "Vote and Defend"

Yep, that’s the fun of it.

1 Like

I think I voted for Captain Marvel and then forgot to Defend, so: A lot of these characters ended up being pretty minor players. Like, don’t get me wrong, I love the Charlton stable and the Freedom Fighters. The Question, Captain Atom, and Blue Beetle are all in my top fifteen DC heroes. But none of them really have the significance Captain Marvel did. He was Superman’s oldest rival, so being able to put them together was a big moment. But then subsequently, I think Captain Marvel has also been a bigger presence in adaptations. Since, y’know, I hear he got a movie or something recently.

1 Like

Since Silver Age Flash may be next topics, I am starting to read first three trades.

I have inly two problems with this Flash. He is boring. Legacy Wally and Bart are not.

His super speed should cause him to win against his adversaries in three panels top. I will be interested while reading how the Silver Age writers prevent him from doing just that, especially if he can see and act as if he is slow motion. That should prevent him from going into.walls, slipping and evading traps

1 Like

What’s this movie you’ve heard about?
But, the Big Red Cheese is important, but Blue Beetle really had a heavy impact on the comics for about a 20 year stretch were Captain Marvel was one underwhelming series after another until just very recently.

2 Likes

I’m deep into the Silver Age already as prep. You do simply have to ignore the “fast enough to run to Gorilla City in 2 seconds” vs “caught by large rubber bands” dichotomy. And yes, these are actual examples.

1 Like

Bwahahahahaha gets him points right there. Also really like his series. Acquired Tastes book club is doing some this week and I’m going to jump in for a few issues

2 Likes

I voted flash cause I felt with the impact he had in the comic event and what happened to him that he’s more influential

2 Likes

Had to go Flash as well. That one stuck with me as an 11 year old.
I also went with Blue Beetle. He went from obscure to mainstream after this

To me, Blue Beetle was the breakout character of the series. Flash was a shock at the time because after Supergirl’s death I thought we were safe. Shocked 21 year old me.

1 Like