DC Heroes 2nd Edition

Dug this up over the weekend and played with my kids. 2nd Edition DC Heroes from 1989. This would be very playable online. I was wondering if there’d be interest in this community. There was a whole DC Universe show playing the 1st Edition after all.

3 Likes

Oh awesome. And oh yeah, I would definitely be interested in playing online.

1 Like

Checking out a couple online groups to see if they have active games. There seems to be a pretty in-depth video series going over most of the rules. Didn’t watch them all, but the presenter seems to know his stuff. Check that out:

I’ll see what else I can find out.

2 Likes

I wold like to if you are not scechy

2 Likes

Ha. I don’t think I’m sketchy. I’m checking out some groups and forums to see if there are any open spots or new campaigns going. If I find some, I’ll post here.

If not, I’ll post here about getting one going ourselves. I haven’t DM’d for a long time, except for last weekend with my kids. It’d be better to get someone who’s a bit more up-to-date, but I’ll do it if I can.

1 Like

I have the Batman Sourcebook and two boxed editions of this.

2 Likes

Not hearing much back regarding open slots. I’m beginning to lean toward starting a campaign with people here and from a few other places. I’ll post updates here. If you’re interested, send an email to dcrpg at icloud.com.

If anything, we could practice a few small adventures to see if getting a bigger campaign going makes sense. I’ll be doing some more research. I could see us starting in mid July.

1 Like

DC Heroes was my introduction to table top gaming way back when! I ran an Arrowverse campaign a few years back where the players were all street level heroes inspired by Team Arrow, it was a fun time.

2 Likes

I play 3rd edition and have been running it for my home group on Skype since we haven’t been able to meet at the table due to corona. It’s definitely my favorite Supers rpg, and the one i plan on running for Gen Con online.

3 Likes

Also, I was hoping DC would release a reprint of the game, since they had the show and also reprinted all the Watchmen material for it not long ago.

1 Like

This is great. I think I will try to get a campaign going with a group online. I haven’t found any openings elsewhere. I’m taking some time to study everything and run through some ideas. When I feel I’ll advertise here if anyone might be interested.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a new version in a couple years. Table top gaming was starting to make a comeback and comic book heroes are hot.

2 Likes

I’ve managed to collect all of the 3rd edition and some 2nd edition stuff.
It’s an amazing game!

1 Like

I’ve gotten a step further in the process.

A few of us are looking at two ideas, but open to others.

One is a hero/villain flip using DC, Marvel, Image (anybody from writeups,org ). General idea is villains are heroes and heroes are villains including flipping motivations. Another idea is a three-era world with pulp, modern, and future. Can create three characters with 200, 450, and 900 HPs respectively. Then decisions made in one era affect other eras and characters in each. Each session is in a different era.

We opened up a Discord to discuss how we want to move forward. Feel free to join us.

1 Like

Those all look to be in really great shape! I’ve got all but the Who’s Who guides, but some of mine show their age a bit more.

2 Likes

You can read dc who is who on here and is dc trying to putt all there movies tv and comics on dc universe

1 Like

The Who’s Who books are hard to get for a good price now. I really wish the 4th book had been published. Makes me sad to think of all those characters we are missing (including Knightfall stuff.)

1 Like

Do you have many of the modules? I have quite a few, but the only ones I’ve played are the Green Arrow/Black Canary one (which I ran as a Bombshells Batwoman and Question adventure) and King Of Crime which was written for original heroes.

1 Like

No, I skipped all the modules, as I usually write my own adventures. There are a few I’d like to pick up though (especially the Watchmen ones.)

2 Likes

We’re planning to run a Watchmen module to get the group in the Discord above started. It should run for a few sessions. There will be six open PC slots using characters from Watchmen. This will let us have a chance to get to know one another. I’ll post some more details soon. Feel free to let us know what you think in the Discord. Looking like we might start in two weeks. Working on some scheduling.

3 Likes

It sounds like you have all the Watchmen stuff, but if you don’t they re-released it all in one book not long ago.

1 Like