DC has the best women, do you agree?

Zooey Deschanel would be the perfect casting for Zee IMO.

I hope she’s on the Casting Department’s radar…

3 Likes

It’s all the more reason to make a Justice League Dark show

1 Like

Cara was very unfairly derided for her role in Suicide Squad. I liked her. Shrug.

4 Likes

You and I both, @Mae. I thought she was great. People mock her “spell-casting/dancing” but what do they know of the old ways… It made sense to me

3 Likes

I’m cant believe I forgot to mention my favorite, Michelle Pfieffer! Probably the second best performance in all DC films.

1 Like

I liked Enchantress in the SS movie too. Collider just couldn’t ram it down everyone’s throats enough of what an apparently “awful” character she was simply because of her body movement.

I mean, it’s not like she was constantly doing roundhouse spins, followed by cartwheels and then landing with the splits. It’s a little gyration. BFD.

4 Likes

EASILY

1 Like

Titans season 2. MORE DONNA. Every episode. DONNA.

3 Likes

:heart: I loved Cara Delevingne as Enchantress :heart: Glad to see other fans appreciating her character.

Her transformed look and her unusual dancing, by the way, was likely channeling the classic German sci-fi film Metropolis.

4 Likes

Julie Newmar as Catwoman from an actress standpoint. On a physical level she was, as close as we have come to a real life, proportional adaptation. As an actress, given the cultural morays of the time, especially on tv, she pushed what that character could be farther than any live action actress or actor. The fetishism alone, while perhaps lost on most of their younger viewers, pushed tv censors to the edge. You would not have the female heroines and villainess you have today with the ground that she broke.

As for purely comic book characters. Terra, HQ, & PG are my top 3 but that is the top of quite a long DC list of strong female characters.

1 Like

I think Dc has got the cooler and more kick ass women than Marvel: WW, Black Canary, Harley, Zatanna, Batwoman, Huntress, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Cheetah, Jessica Cruz, Batgirl, Starfire, Mera, Supergirl, Raven, Hawkgirl, Vixen, and more lol.

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte

Good pick! Julie Newmar was amazing as Catwoman. I thought Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman was a great tribute to her but I think Julie was far ahead of her time. Even her costume alone was the most creative and higher-quality on set than every other 1966 character there.

Though I did enjoy the darker Burton Catwoman as well, Newmar is queen of the kitties!

2 Likes

@Gibbyhertz there were some very hit and very miss costume designs in that show. Leslie Gore’s Kitten costume, even the changes re-adaptation of Catwoman costume for Ertha Kitt was remarkable. They dressed the women in that show very well. I think that was where most of their costume budget was spent. Although Frank Gorshin’s Riddler suit (The actual suit version, as opposed to the jumpsuit) was a thing of beauty. Truly custom made fabric.

I suppose this begs the question, of all of DCs female costumed characters, who has the best costume? Who in the DCU female canon has the best sense of style and fashion?

1 Like

That’s a hard question. For me, I’d say Poison Ivy has a natural keen fashion sense. I feel like she can make almost anything look appealing.

1 Like

PI…an interesting call and I can see the point.

I’ll go with Dinah. Black Canary can pull off every look. From formal evening wear to her classic battle gear of leather and fishnets. If Gianni Versace had a muse from the DCU, it would be Dinah. PI I always see in Yves St Laurent. Diana Prince is sooo Christian Dior, the epitome of Christian Dior’s vision that “beautiful clothes make a beautiful woman even more beautiful”. Although Supergirl and Huntress in the original YSL dresses based on the painting style of Mondrian would be awesome.

A greater collaboration between DCEU live-action film costume designers and non-costumed looks for the DCU female characters would be a great “cross over” comic series.

1 Like

And Huntress in Vivienne Westwood, of course. Viv’s bold and radical designs fit well with her character and personality traits. HQ as well, both fall into Viv’s “proto-punk couture” vision.

1 Like

Most will have to admit that for sheer, “that’s crazy! Strange! And sort of sad,” you have a hard time beating Spider-Woman from ultimate universe. If you are not familiar she’s a clone of Peter that was manipulated in fetal form to stay female but she has all the memories of Peter up until the DNA sample was taken. Messed up.

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte

Yup! I almost went with Harley Quinn just because I love the array of clothing she wears throughout Arkham Games, movies, comics and series. Anything from skirts, booty-shorts, and the like is never a bad thing in my book lol Sometimes it seems like her clothes have split personality, split down the middle or mid to bottom. It just always stays fun and interesting like her.

Also, sometimes the roller skates for that 80’s rink/school party feel. Adds some sort of nostalgic quality at times :slight_smile:

@youarenotwill

If you mean Spider-Gwen, she’s one of my favorite Marvel women. Adnittedly, I don’t care for many Marvel women (Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, etc. seem generic to me) but Spider-Gwen, being in The Mary Janes, not having any friends, taking up Peter’s mantle after he dies… I couldn’t help but love her. Spider-verse is one of the only Marvel things that interest me anymore. I consider the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon series to be better than the Netflix shows/movies.

2 Likes

I was just looking at “The New 52” Supergirl costume. They went the long sleeve unitard look…argh!!!

The semi-pleated skirt is SUCH a better look for her. Even bring back the shorts she wore in Superman The Animated Series. Something to add to the silhouette.

Dinah has the fishnets. Huntress the tall boots. Catwoman has her long coat.

Power Girl in the caped unitard makes sense, because of her proportions. Yet, even then, the break up of the silhouette with the cutout and cleavage.

Supergirl with the cape AND skirt or shorts gives her a unique, fun style. With a flagship female character (let’s face it, she the second female flagship behind WW) give her a truly unique style.

Sigh…where is Christian Dior when we need him.

1 Like

My favorite Supergirl costume is tight white t-shirt, small red cape and the mini-skirt lol

From the animated series

2 Likes