DC has the best women, do you agree?

It’s true… Oh, it’s true.

Whether we’re talking heroes or villains or any type of character, DC has somehow managed to conjure up the sexiest, fiercest, strongest women ever.

Unlike Marvel, every DC woman has in one way or another captured my heart. Every woman is unique and fun. Let’s see, from the crazy Harley to the animalistic Cheetah to the amazon princess Wonder Woman and so on.

It’s okay to have crushes on these fictional characters. “Why?” Because they represent the very best qualities of women.

This was very important to bring to your attention. Nobody has made a thread like this so it needed to be done!

10 Likes

Barbara Gordon is the best.

4 Likes

Whenever I sit down and try to make a list of my favorite characters, it usually ends up being The Question at #1, and then like 9 different women.

5 Likes

Speaking of which, I got my Sho Maruse Gold and White Batgirl statue today!!! :smiley:

Well…

Yesterday, now

5 Likes

need that gold and white one, to go with my black, white, and red version; Sho is a generational talent

totally agree, DC women own the best part of my heart, and will until it stops

but if the soul is a separate, co-equal branch of being, a slightly shorter list of Marvel women also have claim

4 Likes

I mean, there are definitely some AWESOME women characters in Marvel (and not all of them are X-Men!), but I think if I were to put a list of favorite women characters, there would likely be more DC in there.

3 Likes

100% agree.

2 Likes

DC does have women of Wonder and Power in spades. Two of my top five characters are women in point of fact.

5 Likes

Gibbyhertz, absolutely agree! And with the comics library blowing up and us getting all new issues after 12 months, there will be no shortage of awesome ladies to read and admire.

By the way, a while back I started a girl-power thread just for this same topic, feel free to bump it up: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/girl-power

3 Likes

And don’t forget women creators. DC employs a lot of great female artists, writers and editors. Could name a lot but I’ll start with Amanda Connor.

3 Likes

All I know is two of my favorite comic character in the comic book universe is Catwoman and Poison Ivy

3 Likes

They are definetely better known. Most people know who Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl are. But if you asked a random person to name a Marvel female? I don’t think they would be able to.

2 Likes

My ten favorite women of the DCU, in no particular order:

Cassandra Cain
Lois Lane
Oracle
Lady Shiva
Jessica Cruz
Amanda Waller
Helena Bertinelli
Mera
Renee Montoya
Death of the Endless

3 Likes

Right, we cannot forget all the talented writers and artists! As well as actors portraying these characters. Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman in real life. That No Man’s Land scene made me cry blubbery tears and when I saw that famous photo of Gal talking to the little girl at an event, and the look on Gal’s face, that just gave me goosebumps. She’s a wonderful human. And we have other amazingly cast women like Melissa Benoist, Nicole Maines, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and so many others.

2 Likes

Let’s see:

Margot Robbie
Gal Gadot
Minka Kelly
Antje Trau
April Bowlby
Cara Delevingne
Mary Elisabeth Winstead
Anna Diop
Helen Slater

Yes, DC wins, hands down

5 Likes

I like Scarlett Witch, only because she slightly resembles Raven.

2 Likes

I mean, they both have great characters.

Ms. Marvel is probably marvel’s peak. Though I’ll always be partial to captain marvel since she was the first comic I’d ever read.

Also, lady thor is best thor.

1 Like

Yep the ladies of DC are awesome personified

2 Likes

Wonder Women is awesome! She in my opinion is a top 5 hero in comics!

5 Likes

Someone said Cara Delevingne? :wink: :wink:

The Victoria Secret Angel is one of the most underrated Hollywood peeps out there. Love that woman.

Now, please allow me to mention someone that wasn’t on anyone’s list yet…

Serinda Swan as Zatanna in Smallville!!!

https://youtu.be/CJR8lUteAV8

I don’t think there will ever be a more perfect live-action Zatanna tbh.

5 Likes