DC Grails & Missing Pieces

Reminds me of the buttons that came with Infinite Heroes figures in 2010:

The buttons could be attached to clothing/what have you, via the traditional sharp point those buttons typically have.

In a line aimed at kids and collectors, you’d have thought they’d excise the sharp point that could cut kids and adults, but nope, they were on every button offered in 2010.

6 Likes

I’m envisioning a Kelley Jones-drawn Batgirl now, and…I kind of like it.

:smile: I love that word, along with “thingies” and “doodads”.

5 Likes

IKR? :smile:

:smile:

7 Likes

Reminds me of these Hasbro pieces…

Dark Knight Detective Batman

Loose:

Carded:

The above, along with Clayface and another Batman, was a Hasbro Collectors site exclusive, if memory serves.

Batman: The Dark Knight

The original release of 'Ol Pointy Ears Batman in the LOTDK line.

Speaking of the Kenner/Hasbro LOTDK line @DC89, have you seen this:

Finally, one more note on KJ-inspired figures…Mattel gave a KJ-inspired Batman a go in their 6-inch Batman line from '03-'04…

…and while originally intended for an American release, Attack Armor Batman ended up as an international-only release, due to domestic retailers pulling back support for the line, in favor of The Batman instead.

Its a pity Attack Armor Batman was never released in another 6-inch line by Mattel, the way other international-only figures from that line were, as he looks to be a great figure.

8 Likes

I own it. :smiley: :+1: :00_batgirl1:

7 Likes

Ditto. Mine’s carded, but did you open yours? I’ve always been curious if Babs’ upper weight would bring her down, or if she’s well-balanced.

The weight of Dark Knight Detective Batman’s cape is somewhat problematic, so I have to lean him up against the back of a shelf to get him to stand up.

5 Likes

Yep. She’s a bit tricky at times to pose, even with a stand, so I opted for one of these thingies:

She looks super cool, like she’s flying. :smiley:

7 Likes

Heh-heh. :smiley: Those doodads are indeed useful.

Literally like a bat-girl, one would say.

Bat…girl. As Roy Tam said in 1994’s The Shadow, “Say, that’s catchy.” :00_batgirl:

5 Likes

Oh, I love both of those! They are incredible.

5 Likes

Yeah, that is surprising they offered the pinback buttons with the traditional, sharp pins in an item that was partly aimed at kids in 2010! But then maybe they figured their mom or dad would open the package for them.
Anyway, to show how much I love pinbacks, I kind of want the pinback buttons that came with the figures more than the figures themselves!

5 Likes

While I have a decent number of the Infinite Heroes figures that came with buttons, if you ever come across them and don’t want the figures, I know someone who’d take them off your hands. :wink:

5 Likes

IKR? They’re amazing. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice 6-pack. Not familiar with that line, but this does remind me of a two-pack from DC Direct that I want to get.

6 Likes

This is one of the more outlandish Batman figure designs I’ve seen. Was gonna go for one a while back, but it felt like it would overshadow everything next to it. Give me crazy cape Supes to display with him and I’m sold :grin:.

5 Likes

I feel your pain. Missing out on statues stings. See my post up there about the Superman from the same line.

What burns me a bit more… I hesitated again at a less than face value deal on ebay and missed out :man_facepalming:. They’re just so expensive to begin with, it’s hard to justify the purchase you know?

Enough new stuff coming though, which makes me think stuff happens for a reason. That Superman statue with Lois Lane flying over the Daily Planet from Iron Studios is very tempting.

6 Likes

@moro In case you should want the DCUC release of New 52 Superman to go alongside his Unlimited reissue, here’s a photo of it:

6 Likes

Thank you :pray:

New 52 Superman is so well represented in my collection, I’ll probably hold off for now.

My next “retro” purchase will likely be something Kenner.

5 Likes

Allow me to channel my inner-Batman Forever Riddler, if you will, good buddy.

turns, closes his eyes, takes a breath and then turns around

Really?

zips over to his couch and sits on it as Riddler sat on his throne on Claw Island

“Tell me!”

I’m guessing…a Superman: Man of Steel vehicle.

“Judges?”

advises his pal @moro/Bibbo that his answer doesn’t have to be in the form of a question

By the by, I may have recently re-watched Batman Forever. :smirk:

5 Likes

Probably one of the two large Superman figures from that line (see my earlier post). Also on my Kenner Superman list are these:

I don’t know if I’ll ever acquire all of the above, mainly because of display space, but those are the pieces that caught my eye from the Kenner Superman The Animated Series line.

9 Likes

Very nice STAS picks.

Metallo, Bizarro and Supergirl also come in a Super Heroes vs. Super Villains four-pack that was a Toys R Us exclusive.

Have you looked into that for getting them, or are you more interested in their original single-carded releases?

Speaking of the TRU four-packs, the second STAS set included Lois (and she comes with a clipboard). That could be a good get to go with your other STAS choices.

6 Likes