DC Get Well Soon Cards - Here's Wishing @CynicalPink A Speedy Recovery!

For sure! might be a week before it’s up but I’m happy to and it’s the least I can do. Your club got me back into drawing and you were there when I desperately needed help once. :hugs: :dancer:
You get strong now ya hear! :muscle:

7 Likes

Aw dude ty! No rush but that’d be awesome! :hugs: and will do! Just so long as there are no more broom spider surprises :joy:

4 Likes

Sorry had to.

10 Likes

Lol! I’m that guy.

7 Likes

oh wow heart surgery! Well hope for good results.

4 Likes

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

Have you had the official first follow-up? Do you like this surgeon? How “not my part, not my problem” is (s)he?

5 Likes

Follow up wont be until the second week of August. It’s actually the same surgeon as the first round. I didn’t want a lot of people rummaging around in my heart, if that makes sense. :persevere: He’s supposed to be one of the best in this area of the U.S. They blamed the nightmare of the last year on the fact that during the first procedure, they tried to be minimally invasive, and so spots that were misfiring were likely missed. That led to what DeSade described somewhere around here… basically, electrical circuits found new and worse pathways to follow when cut off by the scar tissue from the first operation.

I have mixed feelings about him… I’m confident in his skill, but I do feel a little like a random digit in his lineup of patients. It’s very hard to get in touch with him via the office, and I really wish he had spoken to me after the surgery to relay how the whole thing went.

That said, he’s gone above and beyond in terms of making himself accessible when truly needed. After what happened last year, he gave me his cell phone to use in an emergency. He always replies to texts or calls very quickly.

Sorry, that wound up longer than intended!

10 Likes

No worries on being longer. it seems the positives mostly outweigh the negatives. Was there anything immediately following the surgery? Some minion or hench giving you that recap that tends to be surprisingly succinct…

3 Likes

Yeah, and it was lacking. It was essentially “You survived. Bye. Ask the doctor your questions later.” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

How were the recovery people? Though that is more a judge of the facility.

1 Like

Gosh @CynicalPink, that sounds like more than I could stand. You are obviously super strong by yourself, but I think I can speak for all us here. You are in our thoughts and we shall share any healing powers we have with you to give you a “Speedy” recovery!!

You are Missed.

3 Likes

Oh jeez. Please forgive me for missing this comment way back in July! I still wasn’t at the computer as often then. Most of the recovery people were nice. There were a couple of less compassionate ones, but they were by far in the minority!

All of you kept my spirit bolstered throughout it all. :hugs:

@DCFanArtClub – I’m sorry I didn’t post this sooner! I should have, to show you how much all of this meant to me. Back when I first saw this post, I ordered prints of all of your get well “cards” to keep at my bedside while in the thick of recovery:

I’ll cherish them always. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

hcry

i hope everything’s going well now! i’m still prayin!

9 Likes

@CynicalPink- just checking in to make sure that everything’s OK.

5 Likes

:black_heart::pleading_face::pray: So wholesome! I’m glad they brought you happiness I hope your doing well!

3 Likes