DC Future State: Read The First Preview Now!

super looking forward to this. my wallet will hate me but it is only for two months.
I’m glad they gave a timeline, it really helps set the scene and explains some things as well.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @drama904.25068!

3 Likes

Thank you, huge DC fan and can’t wait for future state.

4 Likes

I’m excited for this! Only problem I am having is that Superwoman’s design doesn’t look futuristic. Maybe I’m being nit-picky but her design looks more like she should be in the 1700s and not in the future. How do Orphan and Spoiler look so dope but Superwoman is dressed like the lady from Sound of Music?!

Other than that, I’m looking forward to where these new creators can take these characters.

2 Likes

Alternate timelines could be fun as I enjoyed comics such as the Batman & Dracula trilogy and Injustice: Gods Among Us but I wish they didn’t put a temporary stop on the main continuity.

I feel as if this is DC’s way for testing out new characters. You can’t explore new stories with your favorites for bit so you have to experiment and depending on how the new heroes sell depends on if they later get added to the main continuity or not.

2 Likes

been skimming through it since it came out, love the batman costume and am looking forward to seeing where that book goes. also looking forward to seeing what DC does with the end of doomsday clock.

2 Likes

I’m somewhere between unbridled excitement and cautious optimism. Considering this isn’t an Elseworlds storyline, I feel like the stakes are pretty high as far as character development goes. We just have to wait and see I guess! The costume design is undeniably dope, and I’m stoked for the new character lineup. Definitely something to look forward to in the new year!

3 Likes

New comics are always exciting but I’m cautiously optimistic. Focusing in on Batman, I don’t like the idea of the city being “anti-mask” (these kinds of storylines are so frustrating) and The Dark Knight supposedly being dead but the suit redesigns and Nightwing operating out of Arkham both sound interesting. There’s a lot of potential with these upcoming stories. I hope that the hero journeys are being handled with the same love and care as they have for all these years.

2 Likes

Cautious optimism For me. The character designs look awesome tho.
I’m very curious to see what will happen to Harley Quinn, she kinda doesn’t fit with the line up but who knows!
Overall, I’m looking forward to new stories and character developments ^^

1 Like

Awesome ty. I was gonna self navigate but I didn’t want to