DC Filming Locations - Interactive Map

@HubCityQuestion thanks. And that would be an amazing map as well! Let me know if i can help out in any way. :metal:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses:

@Alec.Holland thanks again. The first thing my kids asked was, what did they film for Superman in Australia? Haha.

6 Likes

Gosh, please keep it up! I have a feeling your maps will be extremely handy for years to come! Think of all the people googling something like this and then finding it on the platform! You’re only making things better haha so don’t doubt yourself for a second!

7 Likes

Love the map, if I didn’t I wouldn’t participate or comment.

7 Likes

@LastSon0fMars thank you. It would be awesome if it led to more people joining our awesome DC forum family. :star_struck:

@RexRebel awesome. Thanks. My wife is constantly saying the exact same thing to me all the time about not doubting myself.
Well I’m going to keep plowing forward then.

8 Likes

Oh, this is hellafun. I love the huge stacks around Vancouver and London. Here’s a few more Shazam! locations to flesh out the Toronto stack… :wink:

7 Likes

This is really awesome and impressive! This is definitely going to keep me entertained for a while. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@keath oh sweet! I’ll make sure they are placed on there. Thank you for your help. The more the merrier.
@Green.Lantern So glad you are liking it. Just gonna keep adding data points, and information, so hopefully it will keep getting better.

7 Likes

@Reaganfan78, I added this to the map. I am still trying to clarify the exact location of the Diner scene.

7 Likes

I also changed the BaseMap to be the normal map, instead of the Satellite Imagery map, because it makes it easier to see the Symbols.
Once you zoom down onto the map, you can change the basemap if you want to. It is located in the bottom left of the legend.

6 Likes

This is awesome, @bigblock66! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for setting this up and letting us add locations as well - I’ll be sure to contribute if I come across something that isn’t already on the map.

:world_map:

8 Likes

@Shayera.Hol thank you very much. Does it look better with the normal view basemap, instead of the satellite map? I think it makes the symbols pop out better.

7 Likes

I think it’s definitely easier to see from a high level view :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I agree, the normal view makes the symbols more visible and would help those who are not more geographically inclined get a sense of where everything is more easily.

The satellite map is cool though and easier on the eyes in regards to brightness - I appreciate the ability to switch to it. I think it’s more personal preference to which one someone would use. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Alec.Holland @Shayera.Hol great. Thanks. :sunglasses: :metal:

6 Likes

@Reaganfan78 , I’m having a difficult time trying to find out any definitive answer on the Superman 2 Diner Scene. There is so much online about whether it was a set-built scene, or an actual place. Do you happen to have any additional information on it?

5 Likes

:frowning:I’m really sorry about this. Maybe the guy made a mistake.

5 Likes

Oh its no biggie. I’m gonna keep researching to see what i can find. Thanks for helping :sunglasses: :metal:

5 Likes

Wow! Thanks for this! I’ve always liked going on IMDB and finding filming locations. I’m surprised by how many locations some of these movies have. Thanks again for your hard work!

5 Likes

@mccaggers91 , thank you very much.
Keep checking back, because I work on this every day. Adding more and more content.
Yeah, I thought it was crazy how the Lake scene that was in Superman 2, is also the same lake scene that was in the SuperGirl movie.
I have learned a LOT just working on this map. :sunglasses: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It’s Blackpark Lake, Slough SL3, UK…. Just for reference.

5 Likes