DC Festival of Heroes Introduces Monkey Prince!

this one and others her head feels to small may be angle, also the body language is not Cass she’s confident yes but also timid to human interaction, what is going on with her cowl. the rips in suit are very stratgic to draw attentime to parts of her body, it feels like she was drawn to look attractive rather than cool and thats the thing i see in like almost all his art I’ve seen

2 Likes

Do you feel that way when he draws men as well? That it is “sexualized?”

BTW, I don’t agree but there are plenty that do. It’s not an uncommon opinion.

2 Likes

honnestly never seen his pictures of guys i try to avoid his stuff it just i see on social media or when someone here buys something of his and shows it off, not that i mind

2 Likes

I feel his style has manga-esque proportions and faces mixed with photorealslisitc-style color and shading; it slams hard into the uncanny valley for me.

Overly stylized with photorealistic coloring will do that. Imagine Mike Mignola’s work with photorealistic colors. Or remember those pictures of Homer Simpson and Mario that floated around the internet a few years ago? Same reaction.

2 Likes

One of my favorites…

3 Likes

still feels off, less so when in motion but it is all very dramatized and fake kinda of breaks immersion in fanatastical

3 Likes

It feels too posed to me. I have the same issue with Alex Ross.

1 Like

yeah like I said with the one of Cass the movement and body language felt off

3 Likes

Haha, not to my knowledge. It’s a more kid-centric adaptation of the same legend. Bernard Chang’s Pigsy looks 100% cooler and more chill than LEGO Pigsy.

Oh, sweetness! Thanks for the tip. I guess I know where I’m going after work today…

1 Like

I am super excited about the Monkey Prince. Journey to the West is one of my favorite books. It is just such a cool story and the book itself combines so many genres of storytelling. Looking forward to seeing the DC take on the character.

Some of my collection. I have to share it because I get so few opportunities to talk about it!

2 Likes

Monkey Prince looks pretty cool. He should join Young Justice, and y’all should get Peter David to restart the series . . . it would be fun.

1 Like

I guess this means we can one day get a Superman vs. Goku fight…sorta.

1 Like

So cool! Excited to see this adaptation! :monkey: :smiley: I’m a huge fan of Gene Luen Yang!

2 Likes

Monkey Prince, love it!

writes letters to Spin Master and McFarlane Toys to express interest in figures of Monkey Prince

4 Likes

Grace Choi and Thunder
grace-and-thunder

The Atom story
And anything with Damian.

2 Likes

This is kind of an unpopular opinion, but as an asian american, I was kind of hoping for more representation here, and less so tokenism and on the nose ASIAN tropes in comics atm

2 Likes