DC Fandome

The world wide event of DC Fandome will be arriving on October 16th. Exciting new announcements such as Black Adam, Peacemaker, The Batman, and the game Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League are just some of the greatness coming. What are you most excited to hear about this October?

9 Likes

First off the poster - seeing Tyler’s Superman represented at the tippy top :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also John-- ahem, Peacemaker randomly saluting in the back is so funny to me lol
Cool new look at Zoe Kravitz’s Catwoman :+1: :+1:

Out of 5 flames my excitement level for the following:
The Batman: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
The Flash: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
Black Adam: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
Superman and Lois: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Hopefully some more news on the HBO Max side :crossed_fingers: Specifically: Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Green Lantern Series or anything related to the Justice League Dark characters :eyes:

4 Likes

So looking at the website for FanDome, I noticed that they had the free comics up and then noticed that they happened to have the first eight issues of Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman on there. I decided to look at DCUI and lo and behold, they’re on here now too!

6 Likes
6 Likes

I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the last/first Fandome. It felt a lot like watching an E3 presentation centered around the comic characters I love.

The things I’m hoping to hear the most about are:

• The HBOMax movies/series we’ve been teased about (Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, Black Canary, etc.).
  • I’m also really interested in getting a tease at the stories that Ta-Nehisi Coates and Michael B. Jordan plan to tell with their two seperate Superman movies.
  • Some actual gameplay for the Suicide Squad game would be appreciated.
  • Some early footage or bts info on Black Adam and The Flash (similar to how they did with The Suicide Squad last year).
  • And overall just DC’s plans for the future. What are their goals for the stories they hope to tell and show off? What social change/good do they want to make and how will they achieve it? Perhaps that’s a bit of a lofty request, but I like it when artistic companies like this have a goal in mind with what they want to achieve beyond just, “make cool stuff.”

Overall, though, my biggest hope is that they make it shorter and more fast paced. Like I said, I loved DC Fandome last year, but it was a FULL DAY’s worth of watching. I’m fine if they have the panels and cosplay showcase and all that stuff. But it’d be nice if we could also get a quick 20-30 minute long video of back to back trailers, director/writer spotlights on the movies that don’t have them, etc. Think like a Nintendo Direct for DC.

6 Likes

I think they’ve said that this year’s Fandome will be four hours, so half the length of last year’s.

6 Likes

So stoked that it’s coming in at 4 hours, loved the first one but can’t devote a full day in the post vax world

5 Likes

That’s an upgrade for sure. Still a pretty big commitment, but deinitely not as overwhelming as last year. As long as there’s not too much fluff, then I’m in.

5 Likes

Wolf Among US

5 Likes

Wait is that… our first look at Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman? To the left of Black Adam?

4 Likes

Yes. Although, I wouldn’t consider it our first look since she did appear in the first trailer for The Batman.

6 Likes

She did? I don’t think we saw what her outfit looked like very well.

2 Likes

From the trailer:

6 Likes

Everyone can learn from Iwata-san’s vision. :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks, I thought it was a much murkier look.

4 Likes

To be fair Covid also happened/still happening which shook a lot of game development across the industry. Maybe there could’ve been more news if that didn’t happen, either way unless said other wise if they say they’re working on it sounds like it’s being worked on. It’ll just be wait and see like everything else for now.

Edit: The game’s also being made by 2 different companies as oppose to just Telltale and being development from scratch on Unreal Engine 4 rather than Telltale Tool Engine. So these could also have been factors take into consideration for dev time along with Covid disruptions.

1 Like

My gurrrlll in her super spiffy Gotham Knights gear, DCSHGs, TTG, AND KTJL Harls all made it onto the poster. Woo-Hoo! :smiley: :purple_heart:

Also-

Really looking forward to seeing Zoey K. as Selina in The Batman. Thx for posting these @Jay_Kay. :+1:

3 Likes

Really, REALLY hoping that we get a look at some of this at Fandome. :crossed_fingers:

:00_batman_1989: :00_flash1:

3 Likes

I imagine they’re waiting to have a more complete product available. I know part of the reason why Telltale originall went under was because of delays between episodes, so I’m thinking they want to make sure that if they’re doing this episodically (I don’t know if they said they were or not), they want to make sure it’s it will release with as regular a schedule as possible, build back up that stronger reputation.

1 Like

IDK anything about the development of those games or their history. At least with Telltale all the ideas and work for Wolf Among Us 2 was completely scrapped when the sequel was picked up later by AdHoc in collaboration with the new TellTale games.

Companies development are situational not too comparable to each other especially now. Big games to indies have seen delays for one reason or another but the reassurance is the tweet I posted above from the company.

1 Like