DC FanDome Event: August 22!

While I am really really jazzed about the DC FanDome event, I can’t help but think that DC Universe should have been at the forefront of this charge.

Shows like DC Daily have been laying the groundwork for at-home interviews and fan engagement for years now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the DCFD people borrowed liberally from everything they’ve learned here on DCU.

I hope that DCU gets a huge stake in this experience - and a huge windfall when it’s amazingly successful. Maybe even successful enough to #SaveDCDaily

3 Likes

This sounds very awesome can’t wait for all of it. Especially the games.

1 Like

That’s my hope! That it’s interactive, but maybe that’s too much to hope for. Maybe if this becomes an annual thing?

2 Likes

I’m fairly excited. I hate to be a downer, but I’m not expecting much in the way of film and television announcements.

:microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe:

You may have heard this already but this looks like an event to attend. Mark your calendars

2 Likes

awesome!

1 Like

Can’t Wait

1 Like

I’ve been hoping DC would do this for a while now, so I’ll be there! :fist:t3: :dancer:t2:

1 Like

They are spoiling us this week, arent they? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just requested that day off from work so I can attend. Hoping there’ll be good news about third seasons for both Harley Quinn and Doom Patrol! And if the producers of Teen Titans Go announce a spinoff with the Doom Patrol characters, that will be the icing on the cake! I need more Rachel Dratch as the voice of Negative Girl (“Let’s go to the cemetery!”)

If you want to submit a question, you can do a text or video one here. Lots of topics to choose from:

Lettts goooo!

I’ve been thinking about FanDome a lot and trying to think of what I would want out of it.

Honestly, I kind of hope it’s in a format similar to recent Nintendo Directs or the Apple presentation recently. Quick paced reveals come back to back. And then maybe you can go onto the website and learn more detailed information on each announcement. That’s what I’d like to see at least.

:thinking:

1 Like
3 Likes

As we are approaching DC Fandome day, I have something that bears repeating / more eyes:

I’d asked Applejack how we could best support the service, and this was her response:

During the upcoming FanDome event, I will beemphasize to anyone using Twitter during FanDome to shout-out that they’re from the DC Universe Community, but only if that’s something people really want/is currently a platform they engage with. The FanDome team is running a public-facing “Twitter Waterfall” that will be visible inside of the virtual FanDome environment, and the comments are curated by the powers that be- so very involved and manual, and psychologically something that will make an impression if “DC Universe” is seen repeated through the event. The more we can share our love outside these walls, the better. FanDome and that Twitter Waterfall situation is the thinnest the veils will get “cross-functionally” within Warner Bros. to tout the value of DC Universe as a fan platform; “Just because FanDome is over doesn’t mean the con stops”, kind of attitude.

2 Likes

Jim Lee’s awesome posters for Fandome! He even got Beebo in there! Hope they make these available for fans!

1 Like

Preview of the final piece of Jim Lee, Scott Williams, and Alex Sinclair’s DC Fandome art …