DC FanDome 2021: All The News, Trailers and Reveals

DC FanDome 2021 raised the bar for virtual fan events, gathering the biggest and brightest talent throughout the DC Multiverse for a spectacular preview of what’s ahead. The streaming event gave us sneak peeks at some of the biggest DC movies, TV shows, games and comics coming in the next year. The Batman, Black Adam, Peacemaker, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and more all had spotlights during DC FanDome, featuring trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes and memorable moments with your favorite DC stars capturing never-before-seen surprises.

These are the trailers, announcements and moments from DC FanDome 2021 that we know you’ll want to share with friends and talk about in the months to come! You can watch the entire show all over again from the beginning…or check out the World’s Finest DC FanDome 2021 Recap!

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Fans got to go behind the scenes when Jason Momoa gave us our first deep dive into Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom , due out December 16, 2022. He shared an exclusive behind the scenes clip that featured some compelling (and surprising) concept art—we’re not sure what the giant grasshoppers and desert creatures are all about, but we’re all for them! Director James Wan promised a globetrotting adventure that “isn’t afraid to embrace its fantasy.”

We also got a look at the animated three-part special event Aquaman: King of Atlantis , including a clip from the second episode. Check out the debut episode right now on HBO Max.

Milestone Media

DC’s The Milestone Initiative—a new partnership with Ally—was announced as the first program of Next Generation DC, a new venture created to develop the next generation of comic book artists, writers, colorists, editors and more. Denys Cowan and Reggie Hudlin chatted with Echo Kellum about every aspect of Milestone and announced several upcoming Milestone projects, including a Milestone animated feature in development by Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, new “seasons” for Static, Hardware and Icon and Rocket, the return of a Blood Syndicate comic book series, and a 1,300-page softcover compendium collecting classic Milestone runs of Static, Icon, Hardware and more. To learn more about Milestone’s plans in 2022, be sure to click here.

To get a full recap of all of the amazing announcements at this year’s FanDome, head over to DC Comics!

Which announcement from DC FanDome was your favorite? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

12 Likes

Milestone movie :popcorn:!!!

3 Likes

Favorite moments from the Dome :nerd_face:

xlgbgx
xdenysx

xmsanix
+The Milestone Initiative :exploding_head:

xjwx
xdgx
xabx

2 Likes

My favorite part of DC Fandome so far (I’m not done watching it yet) is Monkey Prince returning and getting his own series of comic books!

In a News Flash segment (by the way, can we just take a sec to give some props to The Flash’s Candice Patton for killing it in these segments?), it was announced that DC’s Monkey Prince will return February, 2022 in a new twelve-issue comic book series from writer Gene Luen Yang and artist Bernard Chang. For fans that can’t wait for February to read more about DC’s Monkey Prince, a new Monkey Prince short story is now available on DCComics.com to read for free. Or click here to read more and see additional art from the upcoming series.

This was my favorite part for two reasons:

1. It was the first time that they actually acknowledged DC Universe exists
  2. I felt like an insider because I bought and read that book and enjoyed the debut of Monkey Prince so hearing that he was getting his own title, and knowing that about 99% of the people watching were wondering “Who/What is Monkey Prince?” while I knew all about it made me feel like a hardcore DC fan! (Nevermind the fact that I just started watching ‘Smallville’, have never played or read ‘Injustice’, etc., etc…:wink: )