DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge, June 13-20

I think I know that jim lee piece you are doing, its a good take on it :grin:

2 Likes

Most of my recreation that I do are on his ig, but any Jim lee recreation I make can be just googled and looked at. Just google Jim lee art . He’s my favorite artist I just love his style and that’s why I always recreate his work because I try to make my own style match his.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for your positive thoughts. :blush:. I also change it a little, either through small mistakes or sometimes I don’t like something about his piece so I alter it or leave something out . Even the joker I just finished, in his there’s a small Batman on his collar that Jim Lee put in but I didn’t like it so I left it out I also changed his face and eyes slightly. I try to put my spin on the piece while remaining true to the original piece. Also I make my pieces on a 11x17 comic board versus most of his are on a 9x12 piece of sketch paper. I don’t own any of his artwork, so I use my phone with the pic as a reference.

1 Like

/ cries /
Lol that’s what I thought…darn. thank you for clearifying tho!

1 Like

John Stuart!!! I thought I would be cool to have his ring kind of glitch out, then explode with constructs here’s the picture without the extra panels
I started on this piece before there even was a chalenge, so I kinda cheated, I just didn’t know I was cheating at the time​:joy:

14 Likes

I like this a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know! :sob: I wanted so very much to do some costume redesign and mash-up prompts. I have some ideas in the future that I think might be more TOS-friendly, but that’s a discussion I’ve gotta have with the mods.

@Viciousdark I don’t always see what Jim Lee’s posting, but I feel like I get the best of it from looking at your recreations, so there’s nothing lost by my not following him :slight_smile:

@loganmichaelphilips I am consistently wow’d by how epic you go with your creations

3 Likes

There’s still so many I want to recreate. Seeing everything jim lee has drawn is overwhelming sometimes. I just think how can I ever compare but I’m gonna keep at it until I’ve recreated everything that I like and probably some that I wouldn’t normally choose to do.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Plus, I’m guessing here, but I think he’s way older than you! So you’ve got plenty of time to catch up

2 Likes

:rofl:, thank you I am young really young :flushed::joy:. He’s got probably 20 + years on me. That’s what I have to tell myself, there’s plenty of time.

2 Likes

I may be mistaken but isn’t spawn dc?

1 Like

Image comics publishes spawn :+1:

1 Like

I can list some characters if you all are taking requests, you all have created some great stuff so far!

• Mr. Terrific
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Black Manta
  • Batwing
1 Like

Yea spawn is an image comic , thank you @loganmichaelphilips for helping. :blush:. It kinda sucks that I can’t post a spawn pic on the dcu, but super glad that dc doesn’t own spawn at the same time lol :joy:.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

11 Likes

That is one awesome Tyroc! I recently started reading adventure comics and felt like I didnt see enough of him.

1 Like

Awesome addition! I had never heard of him and wound up reading the wiki article. I felt a lot of admiration for Jim Shooter and Mike Grell’s stance on the character. Hopefully he’s been further developed since his first incarnation.

1 Like

Cute!,:grin:

1 Like