DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge, June 13-20

Week13Banner

Dear @DCFanArtClub , as Juneteenth approaches, I hoped everyone would be on board with celebrating some of the lesser sung fighters of freedom and justice.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #13: “DC DIVERSITY”

Due: Friday, June 19. On that day, I will create a new post in the Fan Creations section where you can share your final art.

Tools: Anything!

How it works: Please use your wonderful talents to showcase black cast members of DCU comic, live action and animated lore!

:rotating_light: The upcoming holiday and recent discussions are what steered me to this idea, but it’s not meant to exclude other POC. September is Hispanic Heritage Month in the U.S., and I’m sure there are other key dates out there. If you know of any and would like to highlight them in upcoming challenges, please share in the comments!

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

:black_heart::fist: Hell yeah! I’ve been hoping to find time to make huge piece with all the awesome Black heros together.
This is a great weekly topic

5 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

@cici & @Viciousdark Thanks, guys!

Update for everyone: While I’m fine with people submitting on Saturday, I think I’m going to make the Fan Creations post on Friday, so we’re actually sharing on Juneteenth

3 Likes

I already started a piece that will fit the requirements perfectly. Can’t wait to finish it now!!!

2 Likes

Just finished my Static. Is there a limit on how many someone can do @CynicalPink?

15 Likes

Here is Cyborg from teen titans

14 Likes

Nice , I’m also making a cyborg piece. Another Jim lee recreation as well, lol :joy:. Also a spawn but I won’t be posting that on here because it’s not dc .

3 Likes

Thank you @Viciousdark!
And here is kaldur in the third wave

12 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Absolutely no limit on weekly challenges! These are awesome! Static Shock my favorite so far, but keep it up! :smiley:

Thank you @CynicalPink!
I hope I am not stealing your thunder @Aegiey but I had to do Karen Beacher from dc super hero girls.

13 Likes

She looks so cute! And definitely who I was thinking of doing for this week. Lol. But it’s so awesome to see others making art for the show, too :smile:

1 Like

I finished, I promise this is it. I challenged myself by doing five different characters from five different media’s and here is my Vixen from teen titans go

13 Likes

She is adorable and that is a REALLY nice tiger!

2 Likes

Thanks @CynicalPink

1 Like

@TheRealDetectiveChimp dang man those are all really great! Especially Aqualad I have a soft spot for him well done! :+1:

1 Like

I’m going to try really hard to get something done for this. I might even get a couple in, since I have a lot of good candidates in my head to choose from.

1 Like

Was able to get a quick pencil sketch started

Started inking it in.

13 Likes

Does anyone know if we’re alowed to do redesigns? I feel like I read that somewhere in the site rules and guidelines but I’m not sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is how the guidelines put it:

1. Do NOT create any new characters, or design new costumes or logos for existing characters, or combine existing characters (e.g. no mashups or crossovers).
2 Likes