DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #96 - Aquamen! June 25 - July 2, 2022

Thanks! I even tried to capture the bubble effect from his gills on his shoulders like I saw in references.

5 Likes

Thanks Rob! The bubbles are a new brush (or maybe it’s a stamp) in Krita that I used for the first time.

6 Likes

Thanks, I actually wasn’t trying to be novel but reading about Aquaman’s Kraken pet just had me. And reading more about Topo, the picture started forming in my mind before. I made a choice. I wanted to draw Tula, or attempt her, but the Spirit gave me Topo!

4 Likes

Decided to go ahead put the pencilled version up of my Aquaman. Weekend festivities kept me from having time to ink it. Hope y’all like it.

9 Likes

Fantastic turtles! They’ve got a bit of an otherworldly alien vibe to them that is very cool!

5 Likes

Appreciate it! I think it is the eyes. Although, my bad composition causing them to get cut off by the bottom of the page didn’t help either. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Jackson. Nice posing like the bubble effect.

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Awesome™:+1: topo. The ultimate multitasker :sweat_smile:.

@possessedbyeclipso
Looks Awesome™:sweat_smile:.
Great positioning with the shark. And I’d say the short hair beard combo can put nice.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:. Great posing and shading.

@RobArt471
Awesome™:+1: Aquaman.
Great details all around. Also those turtles look great.

5 Likes

Went with and Aquafamily team up against the trench. (Dolphin, Mera, Arthur, and Jackson). Really like how it can out. Especially the lighting.

8 Likes

Awesome! Love the lighting!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Agree that the lighting is really great!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Finally finished the inks on this one and thought to share.

7 Likes

Added Aquamen to the gallery.

6 Likes